LR3 Hitch and Liner question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAJOD

Reaction score
I got the official Land rover Quick release hitch but no reciever/ball.

I measured and its about 1.5 inches lower than my Explorers hitch. So I need some kind of receiver to raise it at least 1 inch. Most of the ones at auto zone are rated for 3500-5000 lbs. The LR3 is rated 8000lbs.

Any suggestions? I tow a 4 Wins 19 I/0 but maybe getting bigger boat.

Cargo liners - I have the 3rd row seats and the hard plastic ones would not be able to fold up if say I need one of the 3rd rows to lay flat. I'm in that situation now. I just put a piece of cardboard down for gas cans.

Do they make split or folding cargo liners? I've seen a few cloth ones that might do the trick.

1. Good hitch that rises
2. Good cargo liner for 7 seater LR3
3. What do I attatch the boat trailer chains to? My Ford had metal loops built in, the LR3 does not.

http://www.discountramps.com/adjustable-ball-mount.htm

That receiver seems decent.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Foor a good , affordable , flat liner, google Travall from UK.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land Rover has two cargo mats that fit with the 2nd row seats up. One is more rigid and has a lip, the other is flat rubber. The flat rubber one can be rolled up and stored behind the third row in a pinch.

I have the more robust one with the lip. I just take it out when I need to use the third row, along with the cargo barrier, loadspace pull cover.... :D I love me some accessories.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the rubber one. I will say this for it; it's expensive but it is one big THICK rubber mat. I throw stuff in the back with impunity!

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the ball mount, google 'trailer hitch ball mount class III' (or class IV). I turn my 2" drop upside down to level the trailer.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the ones at auto zone are rated for 3500-5000 lbs. The LR3 is rated 8000lbs.

Cargo liners - I have the 3rd row seats and the hard plastic ones would not be able to fold up if say I need one of the 3rd rows to lay flat. I'm in that situation now. I just put a piece of cardboard down for gas cans.

Do they make split or folding cargo liners? I've seen a few cloth ones that might do the trick.

A. No, the LR3 is not "rated" 8000 lbs. It is very specifically rated 7700 as it always has been. Your tongue weight factory rating is 10% of that.

B. The factory cargo liner is rubber, not plastic. It is very flexible as well as able to be "slit" where you would like to have it fold. It would take a little work and careful craft, but you might get one and slit it along all the splits in the 3rd row floor, but attach the sections to the carpet via some sort of double sided velcro or pins to keep it in place. I have mine simply slit along each side of the 3rd row seat bottoms to make easier access to the space under the folded bottom. I have only used the 3rd row a few times several years ago but considered your idea of folding but cargo mat covered.

C. There are vertical height selectable hitches available. Just find a real hitch shop and see what they can pull together for you. You should get something easily rated well above your planned weight needs for safety.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635