LR3 HSE Oil Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be an obvious answer but my question is what is the best or recommended oil filter to use for a 2008 LR3 HSE. Now that my LR3 is out of warranty I plan to do most of the work myself, including oil changes, and want to make sure I get the right parts. These vehicles seem to be a bit more specific than my 1996 Chevrolet Tahoe.
Thanks for your help.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check at a local parts store for a large capacity Mobil1 or K&N filter. In the case of my D2, there is a standard size and a #301 which is the larger capacity filter. Not only does it have 4o% more filter media but it is of a much better quality.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes sense. I'm looking at places like NAPA and comparing them to eBay for a good filter. I've seen Bosch listed as well but will look at the K&N and other large capacity types.
Thanks.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I popped on Royal Purple oil and filter from Summit Racing. Good stuff!

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My last oil change I used a K&N HP 1014 oil filter. Prior to that I used a Mann filter, and before that all my oil changes were done with the factory filter. The informal internet research that I did says the K&N filter is the same as the Mobil1 filter and is of excellent quality.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use K&N 1014 for the last three years and no complains. this filter is longer than OEM, so i guess engine breathes easier as well

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72