Disco 5 Oil Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quirozson

Reaction score
Disco 5 needs its own oil change thread. Just completed my first since purchasing my 2019 Disco and it's almost exactly the same procedure as the LR4 albiet requiring 8 liters of 0W-20 oil.

I used a LiquiMoly Product with a MAHLE Oil Filter - ATM OX774D

Special Tec LR SAE 0W-20​

Approvals
ACEA C5, API SN, Jaguar / Land Rover STJLR.51.5122

This was my first oil change since buying the vehicle used. It has almost 50,000 miles. Carafax had the last oil change done at some jiffylube/gresemonkey variety. The oil seemed pretty old/dark with well under the 16,000 mile interval. Also noticed signs of the previous filter being crunched a little bit. It was stamped with MAHLE ATM OX774D.

Plan to do another in 6-8k. If the filter condition looks good, may extend future changes to 10-12k. 16k seems like a bit too long!

ar077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disco 5 needs its own oil change thread. Just completed my first since purchasing my 2019 Disco and it's almost exactly the same procedure as the LR4 albiet requiring 8 liters of 0W-20 oil.

I used a LiquiMoly Product with a MAHLE Oil Filter - ATM OX774D

Special Tec LR SAE 0W-20​

Approvals
ACEA C5, API SN, Jaguar / Land Rover STJLR.51.5122

This was my first oil change since buying the vehicle used. It has almost 50,000 miles. Carfax had the last oil change done at some jiffylube/greasemonkey variety. The oil seemed pretty old/dark with well under the 16,000 mile interval. Also noticed signs of the previous filter being crunched a little bit. It was stamped with MAHLE ATM OX774D.

Plan to do another in 6-8k. If the filter condition looks good, may extend future changes to 10-12k. 16k seems like a bit too long!

Not a bad idea, but there should be separate threads for the SIL and Td6 engines, since the oil specifications and filter change procedures are completely different. It sounds like the 16k interval is the only similarity. I also do supplemental oil changes in my Td6 in the middle of that interval.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72