LR3 issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JnglstTICAL

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm in the market for a used LR3. Are there any "general" issues that I should look out for?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You asked a very open-ended question that you could easily answer yourself by searching. I don't mean to be a *****....but it's likely nobody wants to delve into it without you doing a little of the legwork yourself.

If you want one with less problems, get an '08.

JnglstTICAL

Reaction score
Yes, it was very open ended--but legit. I did a search, and there seems to be quite a few issues...but looking for some real answers to spark a discussion. How about some general dependability comments?

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Generally, my '05 has been flawless. There are a variety of software updates that should have been done on a well kept used one. I'm not familiar with them off the top of my head, but I know there are plenty of lists on here if you search. Also common is sunroof drain clogging -- which has a relatively easy fix if you encounter it. I know searching for general questions is kind of a pain, but your exact question has been asked and answered probably 100 times here so you should be able to find more detail than I can offer. Mine has been the best LR I have owned by a mile. I had another '05 before it, also virtually flawless.
Good luck!

JnglstTICAL

Reaction score
Generally, my '05 has been flawless. There are a variety of software updates that should have been done on a well kept used one. I'm not familiar with them off the top of my head, but I know there are plenty of lists on here if you search. Also common is sunroof drain clogging -- which has a relatively easy fix if you encounter it. I know searching for general questions is kind of a pain, but your exact question has been asked and answered probably 100 times here so you should be able to find more detail than I can offer. Mine has been the best LR I have owned by a mile. I had another '05 before it, also virtually flawless.
Good luck!

Thanks for the post. Great info!

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ball joints and control arm bushes have been uprated in '08 models. Check those on any used LR3.

Auburn92

Reaction score
i have a very early production 05. Have been very happy with the exception of the above mentioned sun roof clog, which cascaded into wiring problems, and it' in the shop now for the ball joints and control arms. other than that very happy. The truck has 58K miles on it. Btw, I didn't get the extended warrantee, recommend it, the reparis to this truck can get very expensive.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ball joints and control arm bushes have been uprated in '08 models. Check those on any used LR3.

...are you sure about this? Where did you get this information? This is the first I've heard of any new parts in the US Market at least.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99