Lr3 Low Coolant Message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C5ZO6

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm A New Owner Of A Lr3 Se The Low Coolant Mesage Keeps Coming Up But The Coolant Isn't Low.
Any Sugestions.

Thanks

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a whole batch of defective level floats in the coolant expansion tank of some MY2005/2006 LR3 and RRS, Land Rover actually issued a TSB back then. Basically the float/sensor would absorb coolant and sink, causing the low coolant light to turn on even though the level was fine. Sounds like you may be having the same problem. Replacing the coolant expansion tank (which contains the level float) should fix it.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You do not have to remove the body.

Removing the grill and headlights is easy after you have done it a couple of times. You have to learn that anyway in order to replace a front signal light bulb.

The plastic bumper cover has to be removed as well and after you have done it once, it is not too difficult but the first time, it is a fuss.

There are a couple of real small screws kind of holding on the left and right front wheel wheel mouldings that have to be unscrewed to get release of the front bumper cover.

You do not have to remove the body however which is common for routine maintenance on the turbo charged diesel engine 3's.

Have lots of time; do not try to pull too ******* anything; have good lighting, some food and drink, be somewhere warm etc. If not, just leave it till spring, and try to ignore the message.

Attachments

• Bumper Plastic removed Crash%20Bar%20Fitted%20with%2007%20MY%20A-Bar%20Brackets%20fitted.jpg
    Bumper Plastic removed Crash%20Bar%20Fitted%20with%2007%20MY%20A-Bar%20Brackets%20fitted.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 67
  • D3 Body Lifted Front View.jpg
    D3 Body Lifted Front View.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 58
  • D3 Body Lifted.jpg
    D3 Body Lifted.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 53

s3hooligan

Reaction score
+ 1, I have the same thing going on with my 06.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm lost. How did this thread jump 3 years, then 4 years? And why is Bbyer's truck split in two?

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tranny oil change

That is one of the approved procedures re doing a tranny oil change. It is also a good opportunity to get at both differentials and the transfer case for a routine oil change.

What you see is why LR does not change the tranny oil on any leased 3 or 4 under the all inclusive maintenance conditions of the lease agreement; this is the logical consequence of the "life of the vehicle" provisions re tranny oil changes.

Incidentally, the shop guys can get quite proficient at the removal and reinstall. It is not as difficult as it might appear. That is one reason for the big electrical disconnect plugs between the frame wiring and the body wiring; also why the air suspension system is all frame located.

Wildeez

Reaction score
Low Coolant & Trans Fault-Certain gears not available

So, I also have the same problem with the low coolant, but after continuous driving I'll get a Trans Fault and it will only drive in one gear. Also the manual shift doesn't seem to work. Are these related or separate issues?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM