LR3 Off The Road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

discomike

Yesterday I had a chance to wheel with over 40 other Rovers including Series 1's through some 110's and a 130. We also had an LR3 with us complements of Rover and we played all day in the mud, rock gardens, twister and on the trail with it.
Yes, it is not what we are used to, but it stayed with us all day and never got hung up. It may not be what I would buy if I were going to build another truck, and no it has way to many bells and whistle, although they are pretty neat, but it held is own yesterday and drive nice.
Mike J.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Certainly you have pics to show us? I had seen three today at the dealer in Rocklin. Very nice looking indeed but I'd have to have a lot of dinero for that knd of ride.

D

discomike

Monty,
I had so much fun playing that I only took one picture of the LR3 when he first got there, the rest of the day we just got dirty.
Mike J.

Attachments

• DSCF0013.jpg
    DSCF0013.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 457

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's cool Mike. I was actually interested in any action shots of Rovers in general. Glad you had a good time. :bandit:

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Profile says Woodland.

So how was the articulation of the front end of that LR3, Mike? I'm interested if the IFS was as capable of being twisted as the solid fronts of our beloved LR1's and LR2's (I mean, D1 and D2 :biggrin:)

D

discomike

Where is Woodland though??
The articulation was not bad. This was a fctory truck and I don't think they wanted to bring it home with too much wheel and body damage.
The truck is strong, can you imagine 300 HP and a six speed.
Mike J.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh...I should've assumed you'd look at his profile :)

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are going to have to stop posting "positive" comments about the LR3 - I am going to have to go out and buy one just to try it out.

It is sad that I have to always have "the next best thing" - I am the type of personality that is considered an early adopter. I try out anything that is new and/or cool - I waste way too much $$$ on things that I shouldn't.

Anyone have anything else that they want to sell to me? If it is new or cool let me get out my checkbook.....

:)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112