LR3 owners chime in please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deezgunz

Reaction score
I am currently a Series III owner and have 2 discos in the past. The 96 DI was a decent truck that was reliable until my wife rolled it. She would have been seriously injured if it were any other vehicle. My next disco was an 03 DII. This was a lemon and gave me fits! After researching newer LR's in my price range I've settled on an 06 LR3. I've read that the 05-08 Ford/Jag LR3's are reliable. I read about the front diff's breaking on the 05's so I opted for the 06 LR3 SE with 80k. Am I making a wise choice? Thanks for any replies!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know that selecting a given year alleviates concern for the differentials. More likely you have to find a low mileage one that is not humming (from the diffs) and change the fluids pronto.

If I recall correctly it wasn't really a MY issue. Perhaps it showed up on 2005 MYs more prevalently because they put on the miles first, being in service longer.

Someone correct me if I'm off-base.

farupp

Reaction score
deezgunz: Take a look at the posts in the "Problems With the LR3" in the Sticky section of the forum.

deezgunz

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys! The sticky and MY comments are very helpful!

Silmarillion

Reaction score
I've had my 06 for a year and love it! I'm at 87k miles and no major problems since purchase.

What's this about changing the differential fluid? Any forum post you can link to with more info?

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72