LR3 Throttle actuator control codes after driving in desert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spawnywhippet

Reaction score
I have a 2006 LR3 with 147k miles. I recently did a comprehensive maintenance program on it (every fluid, filter and belt in the car, plus tie rods & ends, alignment, compressor and battery).

Last week I took it to the Nevada desert for some light off-roading (about 1 hour / 10 miles), where there was a small-moderate amount of dust. About 10 miles after leaving the desert, the 'Check Engine' light came on and the car went into reduced power mode. I let it stand for 10 mins, then restarted and it was driveable again, but still with the CEL on. A local Autozone guy told me the codes were P2119 and P2106 - both for throttle actuator control.

He cleared the codes and I drove it back to the Bay Area and put another 250 miles on the car when the codes came back, with reduced power mode again. I cleared them with my own scanner and the car has driven a further 25 miles since without issue. Any ideas on the cause / cure for this?

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean Throttle Body, add BG44K or techron additive and drive it, see if this clears it up. It would not hurt to have a BG Fuel Air Induction service done if you have never done it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM