LR320 moving metal parts by the spare tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mywifesrangie

Reaction score
Hi fam, eveyday is a new adventure since we got this car.. a few days ago we started to hear some nosie from the back, it comes with some evey uncomfortable movements like the car was bouncing in a very werid way.
So i crawled down trying to identify where and what, the usual suspects (sway bar and bushings) surprisingly look good. When I was looking around the spare tire area i found two pieces of metal hanging, and when I move them, they squeak with the same sound we heard .. can some kindly tell me what they may be?

Attachments

• 20240209_155822.jpg
    20240209_155822.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 17

alldazed

Reaction score
I’ve attached a link that should explain it. I have a 2011 RRS - a direct descendant of the LR3 that makes a peculiar hum from time to time and the clears up that I put down to the same weights but not clunking yet- thank goodness.

alldazed

Reaction score
Let me know what you end up doing about it in case I ever get to that point . As it is I may have to lift the rear of the body up to replace the ACE active sway bar fitted to the rrs as it is seeping fluid. In which case I would replace those bushings at the same time regardless of what it is doing. Good luck .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72