Lr4 Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the gas mileage on diesel?
When I looked at BMW X5 numbers, it was the same as their V8. From dynamics perspective I like gasoline engines better. So just wondering what is so good about diesel? Seriously?

Agreed. Unless mileage on diesel is a lot better, i'm not sure how much sense it makes. Diesel is about $1 more per gallon where I'm at.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also - real prices....those paying 1700 plus for a brake job...you are getting taken for a ride. And should have asked for a ******** also.

Like I said if you can replace a light bulb you can give yourself a gen-u-wine "brake job"

OEM Land Rover brake parts:

Front rotors $104 X 2 = $208
Front Pads $151

Rear Rotors $81X2 = 162
Rear Pads $ 114

These are prices from an online LR dealer - $635 and 15 minutes later(per wheel) you got your fancy LR brake job.
Great info. Thanks. Since unfortunately I don't make $700 per hour just yet :), I will have to wipe off the dust of my toolbox... And looks like I will have to read the manual to make sure I install the jack into the right spot. :)

Speaking of break pads wear, it is very individual, some will get more, and some will get less based on the driving habits. But I believe in every 12 K, and it actually makes me feel more confident in brakes on these cars. Unfortunately – less wear – less power.

From my previous experience with aftermarket parts, I am being very careful on that, especially on brakes – you need to make sure that new “better” pads are perfectly fine with the rotors – working temp. etc. Otherwise you pay twice. Confirmed. :)

carguy 67

Reaction score
I cost me about $650 to repair the compressor. As for the the continually squealing brakes...evidentally the Tech wanted to replace the brake pads and Rotors under warranty and Land Rover NA would not allow them to do it. Land Rover NA told them to instead "lubricate" the brake pads. Now I am I no mechanic, but I have rebuilt my 67 Camaro pretty much from the ground up, and unless something seriously has changed that I am unaware of , I have never heard of such a thing. Sounds to me like Land Rover NA knows they have an issue with the composite of the brake pads and they are looking for a cheap and temporary, way out. I really hope this solves the problem, but I am very skeptical, so I hope I am proven wrong.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder what the blue lights behind the grill are for in the armoured version of the LR4.

If you feel yourself worthy of an armored LR4, I'm sure you have no problem driving through rush hour traffic with flashing blue lights...

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LR4 is at the dealer right now (for the first time since I've owned it) for vibration in the steering wheel under braking.

The truck has about 7500 miles on it, and after reading about all of these rotor / pad replacements at insanely low mileage, I was expecting to be told it was "normal wear and tear" by my dealer. I wouldn't have accepted that answer, but I was expecting it.

I just got the call now from the dealer, and they are replacing the pads and rotors under warranty, no questions asked. They told me that there was a TSB for this, and that there is an updated version of pads / rotors from LR.

scottd132

Reaction score
Finally a Service Bulliten

I started another thread last year. I have 37k on my LR4 and have had two sets of rotors put on and two sets of pads due to warped rotors, and no I am not going to scan and attach my reciept to prove I am not a liar. Someone suggested that the wheel tourque had to do with the warping but the rotors are floating rotors so that makes no sense.

Now at 37k miles the rotors are warped again. The last time I was in at 24k miles for the second set the service manager saif that Landrover NA was investigating and trying to come up with a softer compound pad that to reduce rotor heat.

Looks like they have. Good news.

I am due soon for new front rotors as the warping is pretty hard to deal with on braking.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If rotors are still up to the specs, but warped (i.e. demaged from heat) - that is warranty issue. I would fight for it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9