LR4 First Driving Impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've posted this before, but the MPG calculator on the LR4 is not accurate. When I fill up and calculate how much gas I actually pumped to fill up, divide that into the number of miles driven, it'll be about 1.5 to 2 mpg less than what is reported by the LR4 computer. This is pretty consistent if I fill up around 17-19 gallons -- my usual fill-up amount. If I top off less than 5 gallons, it seems the 2 numbers are much closer. And last week, I topped off just 2.5 gallons prior to a road trip and I actually got higher actual calculated mpg than the LR4 computer. Go figure.

Going by my calculated numbers (not the LR4 computer), I get around 19 mpg if I drive mostly highway, and around 15 if I drive mostly city. Better than the 12/17 EPA.

Last edited:

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Locally the mileage average for me is 16, but I did take a highway trip from San Francisco to LA, and got 24 mpg. I was amazed.

tim-in-ca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find that the in cluster MPG rating is not accurate for me. If I do the math of miles traveled and galons filled, I always get at least 2 mpg less real-world vs what the truck is telling me. I average about 15~16mpg when I calcualte it myself. Car states I'm getting 17~18mpg ... haven't taken it on any long freeway only rides yet.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9