LR4 HSE LUX or Tahoe LTZ???????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just posed the same question to myself... saved myself the pain & suffering of another rover and went for the Tahoe LTZ which will be built up right.. Sorry fellas.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just posed the same question to myself... saved myself the pain & suffering of another rover and went for the Tahoe LTZ which will be built up right.. Sorry fellas.

Bye dry fly. Sorry to see you go.

phraxos5

Reaction score
Measurements

I havent had any space issues, mine has the last row seating and you can flatten all of the seats too. The lr4and the Tahoe are such different trucks you really have to ask yourself what you will be using it for. The lr4 is a very advanced machine with decades of off road durability engineering built right in. The suspension and gears are built to run circles around other vehicles especially off road. The value is in the lr4 but that is just me. The Tagore seems cheap when I sit in it. Good luck. Pick th lr4 you will be glad you did.

As for the sunroof, I don tmind the aperture of the sunroof it works great. Not a reason for me to think the Tahoe may be a better option for you. Any other concerns? I think you may wat to know I took the lr 4 stock on a 60 mile backcountry route through blm lands in n Utah. Made it through in 4 hours through some very difficult conditions and never had a problem. Try that in a Tahoe. This is where the value really comes in. Having the option ......that is really important to me for a truck I plan to have my son give hiskids, that is if we still have fuel for it!

Last edited:

eaglerover

Reaction score
I will jump in on the gas mileage....with now close to 1700 miles I am getting 17.7...I don't have a heavy foot, but I did not go into my first land rover thinking I could get this kind of mileage...I absolutely love this truck...I've also never had as much confidence in a truck...was on some sand roads in nags head and it performed very well...looking forward to the beaches at hatteras,nc next month.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rarely have my sunroof open, but it is not a problem for me that it's opening is only 10" or so. I was actually quite suprised at how well the mesh sun shades blocks out the sun in the LR4. With those three glass roofs, I figured we might be in for a hot one in the summer.

I find it crazy that 3 of my posts on this forum have been copied by bots in the last 6 months. This is only a partial. Not sure how this keeps happening, but this is deffinatly one of my posts.

I'm happy to see the warmer temps show up in my area. My mileage has been considerably better over the last two tank fulls. I am getting about 17.1 right now with my LR4. This is up from a very low 12.1 for low this winter.

Rob

LR4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CrewCabRob,
Thanks for pointing out that it is bots who make those repeat comments. I was starting to think I was going mad.
I too am loving the warmer weather. Gas mileage was pretty tough this winter, plus I do less distance driving, more around town during the cold months.
Yesterdays 2 hour round trip, on secondary and back roads, avg speed between 50 - 60 mph saw mileage creep above 20 mpg for the first time in months. Yay.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CrewCabRob,
Thanks for pointing out that it is bots who make those repeat comments. I was starting to think I was going mad.
I too am loving the warmer weather. Gas mileage was pretty tough this winter, plus I do less distance driving, more around town during the cold months.
Yesterdays 2 hour round trip, on secondary and back roads, avg speed between 50 - 60 mph saw mileage creep above 20 mpg for the first time in months. Yay.

I've made a few trips down to my favorite trail to ride my moustain bike a couple of times this week. I had about 45 miles of 55-60mph rolling hills. I came in just under yours at 19.9mpg

I was really trying to squeeze the most out of my mileage this week. Even with my short trips in town to pick kids up and hit the grocery store, I am still over 17mpg.

I had one trip over 20mpg this past summer. I hope to have another one soon.

Rob

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've made a few trips down to my favorite trail to ride my moustain bike a couple of times this week. I had about 45 miles of 55-60mph rolling hills. I came in just under yours at 19.9mpg

I was really trying to squeeze the most out of my mileage this week. Even with my short trips in town to pick kids up and hit the grocery store, I am still over 17mpg.

I had one trip over 20mpg this past summer. I hope to have another one soon.
Are you using the mpg number reported by the car, or actual mpg calculated based on miles driven and number of gallons it used? Because I find the car's reported numbers are about 1.5 to 2 mpg too generous.

Here's the numbers from my last fill-up:
Miles driven: 204.7
Ave Speed: 31
MPG as reported by LR4: 17.6
Gallons of gas used: 13.04
Calculated mpg: 204.7/13.04 = 15.7

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

The last numbers have been off the computer. I initially found that my computer and my actual was off about 1.7 mpg over the first 4 tank fulls. The next 6 fill ups where closer to 1 mpg off. Recently the number has been much closer to the actual. I'm within .3 mpg most of the time when I do the math and compare it to the computer in the truck.

I drive like a grandpa most of the time just to see how good I can get it. My automatic upshifts around 2k rpm; sometimes a little more but most of the time less. Around town the tach is normally around 1200-1600 rpms. Very rarely does the tach ever go over 2500 rpm.

Rob

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM