LR4 HSE LUX or Tahoe LTZ???????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am using the computer calculation lately, the first few months I would calculate by hand and found that the computer was generally within .5mpg of what my math showed. Since July/August I haven't "recalibrated", it is more of interest to me as a relative, than absolute measure (ie. how does my driving style affect mileage)

383strokerace

Reaction score
Thank you guys/gals for all this information. I appreciate your willingness to help me out. Is there anyone out there that is familiar with the Tahoe MPG? Does anyone have any first hand experience with the MPG? Also, what is everyone's preference on the interior? I actually had my local LR dealer call for an update on my decision yesterday. I'll keep everyone updated. Does anyone else have any more solid points to choose the LR4 over the Tahoe?

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys/gals for all this information. I appreciate your willingness to help me out. Is there anyone out there that is familiar with the Tahoe MPG? Does anyone have any first hand experience with the MPG? Also, what is everyone's preference on the interior? I actually had my local LR dealer call for an update on my decision yesterday. I'll keep everyone updated. Does anyone else have any more solid points to choose the LR4 over the Tahoe?

I completely understand your dilemma! We went through the same thing but we were comparing to the Toyota Sequoia. I bought the LR4 last week and love the car!!
I am sure I will be very happy with it unless I get major reliability issues. Most new cars have some issues or another. It all depends on how easily they are taken care off.\

I also drove thee Tahoe but the comfort of the LR4 doesn't even come close! LR4 is just so easy to drive. I drove it across the snoqualmie pass here in WA state. It was snowing heavily and chains required on all vehicles except 4x4. I drove across with no problem at all and the best thing was that the ride was so comfortable.

thigatl

Reaction score
I think it is safe to say that anyone researching a car will find multliple models that meets their needs are have similar functionality, performance, and price point. For me, the choice was the LR4 because it met all of my criteria plus just gave me a special feeling that the others did not. Corny - I know. I've had my 2011 LR4 Lux w/vision for 3 weeks now and still have that same feeling.

My biggest thrill so far was taking it into the North GA mountains on dirt roads last weekend and driving across a river (part of the path) as well as climb past ruts that required the rock crawl mode. I also got to experience hill descent for the first time which was awesome.

No regrets - good luck!

grizzlyskb

Reaction score
I am making the same comparisons myself, I know the Tahoe/Suburban's inside and out. My questions is: I don’t understand the tow ratings of the lr4, a 1600lbs un-braked trailer rating seems extremely low. If you tow a trailer with two full size ATVs or jet skis you will be over that number. I regularly tow 2400-2600+ lbs. un-braked trailer and 5600 lbs. on a tandem braked with a 2007 LTZ. Does anybody have any real world experience towing with an lr4?

The chevy mpg numbers are real. With a very heavy highway foot, I get 19-20 mpg.

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We tow a 3800lb Travel trailer with electric trailer brakes and it tows marvelously. If you have a small single axle trailer with a couple of ATV's or a couple of Jet skis I wouldn't at all be afraid to tow without the trailer brakes. I think a lot of manufacturers publish low tow ratings without trailer brakes is because it is much harder on the vehicles brakes. Give the choice I always prefer trailer brakes but they can be overkill for less than 2500 pounds

383strokerace

Reaction score
I would like to thank all of you for your help and discussions. I would like to also let everyone know that I decided to pick the LR4. I will be picking it up a week from Saturday. And also incase you want to know, I got the LUX in Santorini Black. Can't wait to drive it! Thanks again!!!!!

tmgeneral

Reaction score

I just traded in a 2007 Tahoe LTZ for an LR4 last Friday. My average gas mileage around town in the Tahoe was always around 16 MPG. Highway was usually around 19 MPG. Don't let the flex fuel option sway your decision. While E-85 is cheaper, the gas mileage is horrible.......I averaged around 13 MPG on E-85.

Reaction score
Team - I am now 1000 miles into my new Zermatt Silver/Black LR4 HSE Lux
No buyers remorse whatsoever - I test drove all the likely candidates and I thank my lucky stars every day that I went with the LR4. Its just brilliant !!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM