Lr4 official off road photo and video thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bhos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Technically speaking, this was off road :tongue: but will be getting out soon and will post up my impressions and pix. GY Wrangler A/T Adventures 255/60/19, if you're wondering and very smooth ride.

Attachments

• IMG_0375.jpg
    IMG_0375.jpg
    837.7 KB · Views: 42

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some winter wheeling in VT. Photo courtesy of RoversNorth (my truck of course).

Attachments

• 1890550_668235596547841_768772536_o.jpg
    1890550_668235596547841_768772536_o.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 74

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm done with the snow... That is standing on around 3ft of it. Anytime you go off the tire tracks, the truck would dig down until high centered. With DSC turned off and both lockers engaged, it would just spin down to the ice layer.

We did well the week before in Maine (the d-90 is mine) from the 1:15 mark, day and night shots. That was around 2-2.5 feet, chains were necessary. I towed a beached D2 a couple hundred yards down a trail no problem. Just need to figure out how to fit chains on the LR4.
Winter Romp - YouTube

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm done with the snow... That is standing on around 3ft of it. Anytime you go off the tire tracks, the truck would dig down until high centered. With DSC turned off and both lockers engaged, it would just spin down to the ice layer.

We did well the week before in Maine (the d-90 is mine) from the 1:15 mark, day and night shots. That was around 2-2.5 feet, chains were necessary. I towed a beached D2 a couple hundred yards down a trail no problem. Just need to figure out how to fit chains on the LR4.
Winter Romp - YouTube
I am completely in love with your D-90. Awesome video!

My parents are completely sick and tired of the snow out toward Worcester - it hasn't let up in weeks.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, it is a serious sickness. Glad my wife gets it...

Yeah, we live on the north shore of Boston. Every couple of winters it's bad but we've always had warm spells between storms. Not so much this year. Really wish we would stop with the rock salt on the roads. The state(s) could repurpose that funding and buy everyone a 4wd car with snow tires and be better off.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, it is a serious sickness. Glad my wife gets it...

Yeah, we live on the north shore of Boston. Every couple of winters it's bad but we've always had warm spells between storms. Not so much this year. Really wish we would stop with the rock salt on the roads. The state(s) could repurpose that funding and buy everyone a 4wd car with snow tires and be better off.
I do NOT miss the salt at all. It destroys cars!

I would love to move back to MA or NH in the next year, but my family wants to be in UT.

Was it you that went to WPI?

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do NOT miss the salt at all. It destroys cars!

I would love to move back to MA or NH in the next year, but my family wants to be in UT.

Was it you that went to WPI?

No, not me.

To tell the truth, I'd rather be in UT. The wheeling and scenery is phenomenal.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NAS- The MT's on the LR4 look awesome. Will hopefully have some 275/65R18 Toyo MT's on my 18" Fuels sometime around August or September.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, not me.

To tell the truth, I'd rather be in UT. The wheeling and scenery is phenomenal.
Woops, sorry! I know one of the MA guys on here went to WPI and was there around the same time as me.

Utah is absolutely beautiful. I do love it, but it's a bit complicated since my family is part of a church that is rather fringe and it makes things pretty difficult at times. Plus, I prefer the northern part of the state and we divide our time between CA and the southern part of UT on the AZ border. Likely in the next year I have to make a decision about moving permanently out of CA, but I really want NH.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635