Lr4 official off road photo and video thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NAS- The MT's on the LR4 look awesome. Will hopefully have some 275/65R18 Toyo MT's on my 18" Fuels sometime around August or September.

Thanks, the Toyo's are really nice. Beefy, very pricey but a great tire it seems.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not exactly "off road" but my LR4 got to stretch her legs a little bit today ;)

photo_4-7.jpg

photo_2-8.jpg

Last edited:

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not exactly "off road" but my LR4 got to stretch her legs a little bit today ;)

Ha! That looks like a neat trick! OK. I'm going to ask the stupid question as I am not yet an LR4 owner nor an off-roader. Did you really drive up onto that post/stump? And if so how high was it and how did you do it? Or is this just a photography trick?

I just showed my wife and she says you probably used a ramp and then took it away. I didn't think of that. Maybe I'll make on off roader out of her after all.

Last edited:

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha! That looks like a neat trick! OK. I'm going to ask the stupid question as I am not yet an LR4 owner nor an off-roader. Did you really drive up onto that post/stump? And if so how high was it and how did you do it? Or is this just a photography trick?

Haha thanks! Yes I actually drove up onto it (I do it all time), not a camera trick. Height of the post is exactly what it looks like, maybe a foot and a half or so. There are so many posts in that area, some barely clear the front bumper in off road height, others I will turn the wheel slightly to avoid clipping the front bumper. Sometimes I put it in low range, but today I just put it in drive, kept one foot on the brake and one foot on the gas until I was centered on top of the post. Then of course I jumped out and grabbed a few pics :biggrin:

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha thanks! Yes I actually drove up onto it (I do it all time), not a camera trick. Height of the post is exactly what it looks like, maybe a foot and a half or so. There are so many posts in that area, some barely clear the front bumper in off road height, others I will turn the wheel slightly to avoid clipping the front bumper. Sometimes I put it in low range, but today I just put it in drive, kept one foot on the brake and one foot on the gas until I was centered on top of the post. Then of course I jumped out and grabbed a few pics :biggrin:

You really did that? That's crazy. (Again, coming from someone who is not an off roader.) I don't get how the wheel climbs the post as the top of the post is surely higher than the middle of the tire. There is enough traction on the side of the post to climb up it?

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's just a testament to how well the LR traction control system works. Lots of technology for sure, but once you get one out in the woods, you'll definitely be impressed.

PS tell your wife she is clever, but no ramp was used here!

Last edited:

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You really did that? That's crazy. (Again, coming from someone who is not an off roader.) I don't get how the wheel climbs the post as the top of the post is surely higher than the middle of the tire. There is enough traction on the side of the post to climb up it?

Since you are not an off-roader and think this post is something crazy. Here are a couple pictures of my JKUR being off-road. Hope this doesn't upset any LR people! I sure do miss this flex!

Attachments

• Potts Mtn 4-12-13 003 Web.jpg
    Potts Mtn 4-12-13 003 Web.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Potts Mtn 4-12-13 004 Web.jpg
    Potts Mtn 4-12-13 004 Web.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 36
  • Potts Mtn 4-12-13 007 Web.jpg
    Potts Mtn 4-12-13 007 Web.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 36

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK. Now y'all are showing off. ;-). Maybe we should begin a thread for pics of the craziest place you have had your LR4.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK. Now y'all are showing off. ;-). Maybe we should begin a thread for pics of the craziest place you have had your LR4.

Yea.... I want to take mine to this trail once I get 18's and tires on it with some sliders but it won't be able to make it where I took that picture of the Jeep.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's just a testament to how well the LR traction control system works. Lots of technology for sure, but once you get one out in the woods, you'll definitely be impressed.

PS tell your wife she is clever, but no ramp was used here!

Next time, if you can, how about a video of you climbing up on one of those posts. Not that I don't believe you. I just think it will impress the heck out of my wife and kids. :proud:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635