Magnaflow Exhaust System Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeLi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the Magnaflow Exhaust System in the LR3. I just upload a few pics into the galleries. Just search under MikeLi or Magnaflow. (I believe!!!!). I'll work on the write up soon. Finished it and it's pitch black out there.

About the exhaust:

Sounds amazing a very low tone. Not to loud while driving around town. This is what the LR3 should sound like!!! I did try to get some sound clips from my video cam but it sounds like stactic. I have to try to get the sounds clips again when there's daylight again.

I installed the whole system my self in about three hours faster if I didn't stop to take some pictures. Just set it ot off road mode and all the work can be done under the LR3. Only three bolts to remove and 4 rubber hangers to remove and the OEM exhaust will drop. While removing the two bolts on the flange then blots snapped off. The band clamp was pretty easy. The hardest part was the rubber hangers. I had to cut the front and mid section hanger rods off to get the rod off the rubber hanger. A word of advise for anyone installing one buy new rubber hangers and just cut the OEM ones off and replace it will save about 1 hour off the install.

The only problem I have now is a little exhaust leak around the flange area and the band clamp. For some reason the OEM exhaust system doesn't have a exhaust flange gasket. :confused: The kit didn't come with one either. Then the band clamps have a slight exhaust leak also. I'll work on the exhaust leaks later this week. I'm going to loosen the band clamps back and use the touch to heat up the exhaust so it's soft then re-clamp that should close up the leaks. For the flange exhaust I'll pick up a performance one from autozone or pep boys.

I'll fit on the off road pipes this coming weekend and let you guys know how it sounds. I also reset the mpg meter so lets see if the mpg goes up.

The only thing I don't like is where the exhaust goes under the rear diff it now sits lower then the chassis.

OK guys if anybody want to know anything else. Let me know I should have the write up soon and will get some better sound clips too. :cool:

jpljpl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you take it around the block with just the cat(s) and an open exhaust first? :rock:

MikeLi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about it for a second but it took me almost two hours to get it off didn't feel like changing and moving all the tools out of the way.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say that this exhaust sound is amazing,but I am also interested in cabin sound quality when driving 60-70 MPH.Please post a take off and write up on road test.Where are you in NY by the way? I live in NJ .Also how is the throttle response in the city driving?

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the vid. That gives us a rough idea, but I look forward to hearing it with an external mic.

J.D.

MikeLi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I can't really tell you the prices I got it for it's a Mangaflow thing. It's though my performance parts company. Mangaflow has set the "advertised" lowest prices at $1,252.14

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo