Magnaflow Exhaust System Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeLi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's some driving impressions and seat of the pants feel after having it for a week.

When it starts up the sounds is amazing it's a nice deep and slightly throaty sound.

After the car warms up at idle it's hard to tell that there's even an exhaust system install but once you get moving the sound is amazaing.

From off idle starts the torque is a bit softer. Before when I stab at the gas it whips my head back.

From 1,500 to 1750 rpm driving the exhaust sound is the loudest. Loud enough to make my floor pan vibrate a bit.

Here's my seat of the pants feel of power.

From idle to 1,250 rpm it's a bit softer on power but very smooth
From 1,250 rpm to 2,000 rpm it's the same as before
From 2,000 rpm to 2,500 rpm its something coming alive
From 2,500 rpm all the way up it pulls like hell. Seems like its building power like a turbo car.

For MPG it went down that because of me. I just keep stabing the gas and really getting ******* the gas to hear the exhaust system. Hopefully the noveltly wears off soon.

If you have it in sport mode and zip around town and the highways. The sound is deep slighty throaty and just plan amazing.

For all waiting for move videos with a external mic. I'm having a hell of time finding one, been to 5 stores and not body carries. So might just order from ebay.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. I appreciate the extra effort to give us yor impression and the video clips. I figured mileage would drop for the first couple weeks. That's the nature of new mods! Keep us informed!

J.D.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Mike ,Question.
You sad that OEM exhaust does not have a flange gasket ,neither Magnaflow kit.Why would you say this thing is needed? the reason i ask now is , cos AB have a sale 'til tonight an all of the Magnaflow sets.Looks like almost 200 off this time , so I am very interested.Please respond if you can.Thanks.

MikeLi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Mike ,Question.
You sad that OEM exhaust does not have a flange gasket ,neither Magnaflow kit.Why would you say this thing is needed? the reason i ask now is , cos AB have a sale 'til tonight an all of the Magnaflow sets.Looks like almost 200 off this time , so I am very interested.Please respond if you can.Thanks.

The flanges and the slip joint would like exhaust. So had to use exhaust cement to stop all the leaks.

http://www.oddperformance.com/projects/LR3/exhaust/gasket/

check the link it shows the pictures of what I did to stop the exhaust leakes. I had to loosen up the flanges and the slip joint and then put in the exhaust cement then joint everything back together. Use the blow touch to heat up the cement to dry it fast. A blow touch will be need to separate the slips joints for both the oem and the after market.

If you want a system PM me. So don't worry about the sale ending tonight.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink