Meridian stereo and iPhone USB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an old iPhone that I keep loaded with Spotify music. I know I can use Bluetooth to play from that, but the sound quality is noticeably less in my experience relative to a direct signal path. And using the aux in jack means that all playback has to be controlled from the phone.

So I’m trying to use an Apple USB cable to directly connect through one of the two USB ports in the upper glovebox, but it isn’t working. All I get is an on-screen message to “Please connect a USB device.”

I even downloaded an “Apps” app from LR via the Apple store, in case that was needed. Doesn’t seem to help.

2016 LR4 HSE, if that matters. is there some trick?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You probably need at least one song on iTunes to connect. It's a iPhone thing that affects almost all vehicles.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You probably need at least one song on iTunes to connect. It's a iPhone thing that affects almost all vehicles.
Oh, Lord...does that mean I have to fork out $10/month for an Apple Music sub just to be able to use Spotify?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. Just a single song in your itunes. At most $1 (or whatever an iTunes song costs now), but they offer free songs too. I think somebody came out with a song that's pure silence just for this purpose, because that one song will autoplay every time you hook your phone up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72