Might be buying

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E

evoldarnoc

The car probably wouldnt be used for offroading, but its something I could definitely see myself doing while Im at college upstate. Im on Long Island now, so there arent very many places to offroad at all. The car would be used to bring things back and forth from college, carpool w/friends, go skiing, and brave the upstate NY weather that most of the colleges Im applying to are located in.

My moms old car (which Im driving now) is a 2000 bmw 750iL sport and from the year we got it has allllways needed something done whether it be electrical/computer, new cats, radiator, or a problematic a/c system. So I dont know if Id want to take the bmw route..I doubt my parents would even let me. Although werent the land rovers up until recently a sub-company of bmw?

Another thing- I was talking to someone who told me that land rovers a field-repairable, and that you could fix almost anything on them with a swiss army knife. This too good to be true?

Thanks again-
Conrad

Last edited by a moderator:

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
evoldarnoc said:
Another thing- I was talking to someone who told me that land rovers a field-repairable, and that you could fix almost anything on them with a swiss army knife. This too good to be true?
LOL...well, they are awfully easy to work on to a certain point, and most things on them are screws or bolts, so....

But not quite THAT easy -- otherwise EVERYONE would have one! :biggrin:

Andy

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Specially not the late model ones. Early models are much easier, and as they were getting more of "luxure" touch - they been becoming more and more complex.

Old ones - you whack with the mallet and they ready to go :)

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Conrad ( I love that name by the way..Royalty). If the parents are down for getting you what you want, I might suggest a G4? The older the Rover gets the more of pain it becomes. Just re-read Sergei's quote and that should sum up a vast majority of the problems had .. Serg I LOVE YOUR QUOTE!!!

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Hey Conrad. The G4 is the new Orange LR on the cover of the website (that is Slam's truck). It is known as a special edition LR. They are sweet trucks!

markthecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Conrad,
I love my 1999 disco two. I've had very few problems. That being said, gas is up to 2 bucks a gallon. Buy a Honda and hold off on the Rover especially if you plan on attending college. However, if money is not an issue, CHICKS DIG LANDROVERS AND THE MEN WHO DRIVE THEM. (At least that's what my wife tells me)

markthecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and MOOSE, I enjoyed you synopsis on pigs but you forgot a few points. Bacon is good, pork chops are good, and I can't live without pork tenderloin.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks....apparently the formatting's screwed up -- that was a quote from another member of the site that I thought was too good to ignore.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo