miss firing!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEllis03

Reaction score
My 05 freelander is giving the codes for random miss firing and miss firing on cylinder 3. It has 104K miles on the engine and has no problems until it got cold last week. I have replaced the spark plugs b/c it is the only part i don't have to special order. I have ordered the coil boots and am waiting for them to come in next week. I am wondering if I need to replace the coil on cylinder 3 too; I think there is a special code for the coil going bad. I have also noticed that two different coils and boot lengths are being called for on some part sites, but these sites only have one size boot available to order. I could not tell a length difference when I pulled them to check. Any ideas or insight would be helpful.

I refuse to take it to my VERY unhelpful LR dealer so i'm saving my money by changing the part on my own.

Jim Vargas

Reaction score
My 05 freelander is giving the codes for random miss firing and miss firing on cylinder 3. It has 104K miles on the engine and has no problems until it got cold last week. I have replaced the spark plugs b/c it is the only part i don't have to special order. I have ordered the coil boots and am waiting for them to come in next week. I am wondering if I need to replace the coil on cylinder 3 too; I think there is a special code for the coil going bad. I have also noticed that two different coils and boot lengths are being called for on some part sites, but these sites only have one size boot available to order. I could not tell a length difference when I pulled them to check. Any ideas or insight would be helpful.

I refuse to take it to my VERY unhelpful LR dealer so i'm saving my money by changing the part on my own.

HI JEllis03. I have a same problem Code and others (P1319; PO303 and PO305). I can recomended check de CKP and CMP Sensors, clean both and verify if don't have any deformation on his base. I spend a lot of money change the 3 ignition coil and cleaning the inyection system. I recomend too, check the IAC Valve the IAT/MAP sensor (cleaning and verify). You engine fail code must be PO303 or if you have differents missfire on the other cylinder you have a PO300 Code. You MIL light must be on.

Never try to check a missfire disconnecting or pull a ignition coil of his electronic conection, you can burn you ECU, you can disconnect the injector and the change on the engine it's small difference, remerber you have working 4 o 5 cilinders work on you engine.

Suerte Amigo.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo