(More) Brake Problems.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rich_98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About two weeks ago I want to start the car, and there was no break pressure, unless pumped.

Been driving around for a while with this problem, and I would like to have it fixed. The ABS fuse is already removed, so it's not a sensor issue. And the fluid resivor is full. (Although when it first lost all pressure, the resivor was half full)

Now, when I want to stop i can either floor it, and gently glide to a stop, or pump the brakes a few times so I can get a hard stop. Once I let off though, more pumpage must ensue.

Any suggestions on where to look before I bring it to a machanic would be nice. I was thinking an old-fashioned flush might help.

On a small side note, I replaced the rotors and pads in November. Ever since then, the back right brake was squeaked (Even with Disk Brake Quiet) when stopping, like it didn't have enough pressure to stick to the rotor. They have had quite a while to wear in, and I do believe that the rear passenger side was not getting enough pressure. Could this be somehow linked? (I've been stopping hard the past few months, to not have to deal with the shrill squeal. It's kind of like someone rubbing a chalkboard, IN YOUR EAR. It's horrible and I can't ride with the windows down)

All suggestions welcome, thanks!

Rich

(I also have a series 1 transfer case, and bumper available if anyone needs one)

N

nhveedub

That sounds like your master cylinder is failing. Anyone else concur?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I was going to suggest the brake fluid flush, then the master cylinder.... A good flush is required once a year if you read the manual... :) and any mechanic worth a salt would say the same...

Rich_98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

My machanic did a flush in November when he put my new brakes on. But there must have been a leak, or he didn't do something right, because there was plenty of room for new brake fluid a month or so back. Turns out there was just a lot of air in the system.

Did a flush just for kicks, and now everything is good.

Thanks guys!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635