Motorized folding side mirrors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

snwbrdn

I hate to start a new thread on a simple topic, but I did do a forum search first for the touchy members. Anyway, I am a newbie with a used '05 HSE and my side mirrors don't fold in (retract) for tight spots via the mirror adjust knob. I know the manual states this may or may not be an option to fold them in. Was this not available in North America or is mine flawed?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not available in North America. If it was available, you'd see it blatently advertised. :smile: RRS also doesn't get it.

34RoveR

One of the few features I miss from my H2. My garage door openings are pretty small, even the LR3 has to be driven slowly thru them. I'd gladly pay to have this option installed.

24Hours

34RoveR said:
My garage door openings are pretty small, even the LR3 has to be driven slowly thru them. I'd gladly pay to have this option installed.

Ditto. My wife and I have to cram the V70R and the LR3 into a garage built in the 20s when cars were smaller. I hope to raze and rebuild the garage in the next year or so, but in the meantime, it'll be a tight fit (actually still working to "make room".

Folding mirrors would certianly be helpful if we could add-on. But I have to say that I love the way the mirrors point down when in reverse. My V70R does not have this and I wish it did. Perhaps Ford will bring some of the nicer creature comforts over to Volvo from Rover... wishful thinking?

Cheers.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If money is no concern, you can order the power folding mirror assemblies from the UK, have them shipped over here... and install them yourself. (Or convince a service technican to it.) I'm sure it's possible.

It's awfully expensive for a few inches of clearance. Once installed, I'm sure some will complain they don't auto-fold or fold even flatter. :smile:

S

sceaton

where might one order them from...cost estimate? can one do this ones self or do you have to go to stealership to have it installed? where would you put the control button also?
thanks

X

xcursion

The mirrors do fold electrically in my region (I am very surprised that NA versions do not) But I must say with a big thick mirror folded at a slight angle, it doesnt offer THAT much more space. So you guys aren't missing out a lot.

S

sceaton

xcursion said:
The mirrors do fold electrically in my region (I am very surprised that NA versions do not) But I must say with a big thick mirror folded at a slight angle, it doesnt offer THAT much more space. So you guys aren't missing out a lot.

Do you live in the UK? can you find out how much they are and if you could get a set for me and ship to the states? we could work something out for your trouble of finding them....thanks

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can try to contact a dealer parts department in the UK or another region. No idea on pricing; you can try to post in http://forums.landroverworld.org/forumdisplay.php?f=35 if you want help in that department.

The control button is technically already there... it's the same switch you use to adjust the mirrors now. (With the knob in the center position, you press it downwards to fold/unfold the power mirrors.)

I think there are 3 versions of the power-fold mirrors:

1) Non-Memory Heated
2) Memory Heated
3) Memory Heated with Approach Lamps

North America HSE (memory seats/mirrors) will need 2 (or maybe 3), the rest (non-memory) will require 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
X

xcursion

I am not in UK (in Asia). I will check my dealer for you. But I suspect you will get a better pricing and lead time from UK.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635