Mudding in FL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might as well keep this thread going....

Here's a video of the trusty LR4 in action... snatching out a very-stuck Dodge Ram today.

http://youtu.be/gDZXe2Ipa2k

Wow, I really need to read up on proper recovery methods; I had no idea you should pull someone out like that. The speed actually made me cringe at point of full extension (impact). Are trucks are made to withstand that kind of stress?

Would a winch be better or indifferent?

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I really need to read up on proper recovery methods; I had no idea you should pull someone out like that. The speed actually made me cringe at point of full extension (impact). Are trucks are made to withstand that kind of stress?

Would a winch be better or indifferent?

That guy was pretty stuck, so he needed more than just a light tug. With the right recovery equipment, a proper ****** like that is no problem. I used a designated ****** strap which is made to take an impact like that. Smittybilt and ARB make great ones. That paired with good quality D-ring shackles on each end is all you need.

A winch would've been fine too but he would've needed a real strong one! It was a heavy truck, and like I said, he was really stuck. People didn't think the LR4 was going to be able to get him out, but it wasn't a problem.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635