Multiple Misfires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dudleyp

Reaction score
99 disc misfires on left cylinders

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting service engine codes p1300,p0300,p0301,p0303,p0305 and p0307. I have changed the plugs and wires,reset the codes and they come back after driving 5 to 10mins and once a while the service engine light flashes. When I step ******* the gas it hesitates. Any help would be great.

Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... You either have a bad connection on you fuel injectors, or a bad coil pack.

dudleyp

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... You either have a bad connection on you fuel injectors, or a bad coil pack.

Hi, I read somewhere on this forum that misfire on 1,3,5,7 is caused by a bad vss. I just wanted to check with you to see how true it is or it is something else.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not true... each coil pack controls either even or odd cylinders.... I would check the wiring to them and replace if you find nothing.

dudleyp

Reaction score
Not true... each coil pack controls either even or odd cylinders.... I would check the wiring to them and replace if you find nothing.

Joey, Each coil pack does not control either even or odd cylinders. I just checked and one controls 1,6,7,and 4 and the other 8,5,3 and 2. you still think it is the coil pack? if yes wich one or do I need both.

thanks Joe

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Your correct, sorry I was thinking the plug going into the ECM. Check the ECM for dirty connections... Had a lot on my mind last week... sorry for the miss information.

dudleyp

Reaction score
Your correct, sorry I was thinking the plug going into the ECM. Check the ECM for dirty connections... Had a lot on my mind last week... sorry for the miss information.

Today I put seafoam in the intake manifold while the car was running and I had some liquid leaking from the valve cover on the drivers side where I have the misfire. If I had a bad seal on the valve cover will that cause the misfire?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Since 1 3 5 7 are on the drivers side if this is the side that is leaking.... this could be a few things. I would hate to just guess on this, since I haven't seen this before that I recall.

Calling DiscoMike... any thoughts on this one?

[email protected]

Reaction score
Brewing misfire problem

Good afternoon, folks. I have read some of the posts related to misfires, but don't have my problem pinpointed just yet.

My 01 Discovery II (116,000miles) misfires occasionally upon application of throttle. Usually when I am returning to power after a coast or glide for a bit. No codes yet, but no mistaking it, misfires are quite noticeable. Seems so precise that I suspect electrical/ignition rather fuel related. I am suspecting coil pack(s) may be failing or ECU connections may be dirty.
Am I on a right track here and is there a pattern to this sympton someone can tell me about? I am wanting to find a cure before it leaves me along a road somewhere.

Any coaching will be appreciated.

Dave

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Check fuel pressure first.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members