My Range cut out while driving and wont start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robertovk

Reaction score
Hi.
i was driving 2 days ago and my range rover cut out while driving, there wernt no noise or bang, the enging just cut out but all the power in the car was still working,

when i tried to restart it just clickes and the enginge does not start, so i towed it home and started to look into things, people said could have been fuel pump but its not due to the engine not even trying to start, so i phoned up my local dealer and he said it could be the starter engine, i checked the fuel pump relay and it was working,
he also said it could a ground or cable problem,
i read an article about the immobalisation and someone said that when u turn the key it just clicks and thats it, so maybe thats happened to mine but why would it then cut out while i was driving..

Please Help me...
robert

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.... posted info in your other post and via your PM

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have someone turn the key from off to on and stand near your fuel tank and see if you can hear the fuel pump click on... If not then you now know it is your fuel pump that is the issue, how many miles do you have? These pumps are pretty diesel, hense the high price, but they last a long time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635