Mystery Part - Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

newthings

Reaction score
So I am fitting a second battery into my LR3 2008. In the space in front to the battery box I see this bright metal disk looking at me. I find the disk is a sintered metal filter in a plastic cover. I notice one of the three plastic retainers in broken. I presume the three retainers hold the disk and they also hold the plastic cover in place. I must of leaned on it and it fell to this flat in front of the battery box.
So I go looking for a source needing a intake filter. I can't find one.
Does anyone recognize this part and know where it came from.
Thanks, Roy

Last edited:

Trynian

Reaction score
Looked under the hood of my 06 and did not see anything like it readily seen. It may be something just on 08 and newer. I have noticed on 08's a few stops around doors and hatches that are different.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

newthings

Reaction score
Mystery solved.
I was looking for mounting options for my ARB air compressor in this area. Sure enough, the air intake and filter got bumped off of the unit and came to rest as shown. I went on to the next thing and did not make the connection when I found the parts. I am mounting the compressor under the rear deck. Thanks for the help.
Roy

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72