Nail in Tire...replace both tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXLR4

Reaction score
Also, don't call the LR4 a grocery getter ;) Look up some local trails and go for a ride. Especially with the right tires, you'll be very impressed. It gets addicting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm well aware of what they are capable of. The ruggedness was a big selling point for me..but its my wifes...thus...it will be a grocery getter.

TXLR4

Reaction score
Also, don't call the LR4 a grocery getter ;) Look up some local trails and go for a ride. Especially with the right tires, you'll be very impressed. It gets addicting!

I'm well aware of the capability...did quite a bit of reading and youtube watching before we pulled the trigger. However...this is my wife's...so, it will be a grocery getter

TXLR4

Reaction score
As Brandon said, I had the Coopers on my 2011 and 2013 LR4 (before I got the BFGs) and they were great tires on the road. However, I am not sure what type of climate you live in, but they were not the best in the snow - decent, but not amazing.

Looks wise, the Coopers fit the LR4 very nicely and give a great drive (not loud on the road at all), wear very well, but not so sure about heavy snow/ice.

I hope that helps.

Yep, that helps a lot! I live in Houston, so snow and ice won't be an issue at all. Thats all I'm looking for is a nice fit and quiet ride on the highway. My wife loves how quiet and smooth it is on the highway and my number one priority is to maintain that. Happy Wife = Happy Life:biggrin:

Lone Star landy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, that helps a lot! I live in Houston, so snow and ice won't be an issue at all. Thats all I'm looking for is a nice fit and quiet ride on the highway. My wife loves how quiet and smooth it is on the highway and my number one priority is to maintain that. Happy Wife = Happy Life:biggrin:

I put Michelin Latitude Tour HP's on mine and they are very smooth and quiet. Much better than the stock Continentals. They also do very well in all of our Houston rain.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put Michelin Latitude Tour HP's on mine and they are very smooth and quiet. Much better than the stock Continentals. They also do very well in all of our Houston rain.

It is likely your tire is not actually rated for the LR4 weight, not even by factory recommendations. The only one I found in the right sizes even are only 108-109 load range and not XL. The Lr3/4 should be on no less than a 111 XL tire.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is likely your tire is not actually rated for the LR4 weight, not even by factory recommendations. The only one I found in the right sizes even are only 108-109 load range and not XL. The Lr3/4 should be on no less than a 111 XL tire.
That is an important point. The Coopers were fine as far as load rating, but I still don't think they are technically one of the few tires that LR actually recommends. I know that if you do a search on some tire websites for the LR4 19" tire options, it's only factory-recommended tires. To find other 255/55R19 (like the Coopers) you have to search by size.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is an important point. The Coopers were fine as far as load rating, but I still don't think they are technically one of the few tires that LR actually recommends. I know that if you do a search on some tire websites for the LR4 19" tire options, it's only factory-recommended tires. To find other 255/55R19 (like the Coopers) you have to search by size.

Actually, if you are referring to the ZEON LTZ in factory sized 255/55x19, they come very well suited to the LR4 in both load rating of 111 and a decent 520 tread wear.

255/55R19 111H 520 A B XL

The Bridgestone above is still a better choice though in my opinion with the construction and wear warranty.

Edit: I should say suited well to a stock LR4 without extra weight. 111 is the limit, 114-116 is better, but I only use E load range.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, if you are referring to the ZEON LTZ in factory sized 255/55x19, they come very well suited to the LR4 in both load rating of 111 and a decent 520 tread wear.

255/55R19 111H 520 A B XL
Yep, that's it.

Lone Star landy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

They are XL 111.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findTireDetail.do?c=4&ar=55&rf=true&rd=19&rc=TSWINT&cs=255&dVeh=dVeh&ra=searchTiresByVehicleAndSize.do&fl=&tc=MMIRH0&yr=2010&pc=35268&rcc=Houston&vid=022554

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72