Nail in Tire...replace both tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXLR4

Reaction score
Well after looking at the fronts as well, it was evident that they were wearing pretty fast. With only 11k miles on it...id say the fronts were half way gone (if not a little more). I certainly didn't want to put 2 more of the same ones on the back at 285 each and also didnt want to be in a constant state of having 2 bad tires and 2 ok tires...

So, i went ahead and bit the bullet now...got 4 bridgestone alenzas much better tire than what was on there and should last much longer.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after looking at the fronts as well, it was evident that they were wearing pretty fast. With only 11k miles on it...id say the fronts were half way gone (if not a little more). I certainly didn't want to put 2 more of the same ones on the back at 285 each and also didnt want to be in a constant state of having 2 bad tires and 2 ok tires...

So, i went ahead and bit the bullet now...got 4 bridgestone alenzas much better tire than what was on there and should last much longer.

Cool, I prolly would have done the same in your shoes. Break em in nicely for the first few hundred miles or so, no cornering, hard braking, speeding, etc.

What size did you get?

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one thing that I like about OEM Contis is the side wall bulging out noticeably more than other brands. It gives you the illusion of having a bit more rubber on those 19 inch wheels. Other brands seem to have flatter side wall compare to contis.

TXLR4

Reaction score
The one thing that I like about OEM Contis is the side wall bulging out noticeably more than other brands. It gives you the illusion of having a bit more rubber on those 19 inch wheels. Other brands seem to have flatter side wall compare to contis.

I agree with you. That was the first thing I noticed but the bridgestones have actually started to bulge a little after being on there for a while. No doubt, the sidewall is definitely harder on these though...which means they'll last longer...so I'll live with it

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72