Nav. question about maps and downloads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Franky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke to the dealer about DRL's (another post) and Nav. maps. I searched on the Nav. and couldn't find anything on Canada. I plan on traveling to Nova Scotia which I do often, and wanted the download for Canada. The salesman, which has been so very helpful tells me I have to go to Canada for the download. Is it that I'm just looking in the wrong direction on the nav.? (is it already there, or is it not there?)

I called LR of NA and the rep. told me that they will get back to me on Mon. I did call 20 minutes before closing. Now if its not on there, I'm wondering if I can only have USA and Canada or one or the other.

Redleg Rover

Reaction score
I drive through Quebec often (almost monthly) and the Quebec maps were included with my US LR4. I'd assume that all of Canada is in there as well.

Franky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We'll I did find Nova Scotia on there. When loading the address for the house though it states that some info is not available on the route.

skippy

Reaction score
Canadian maps are included. I suspect that if you will have no problems. I have taken my LR4 there twice to visit family. I have seen the same message when i drive to visit my son at Kansas State U and it is only a two hour drive from my home in Kansas City area.

Franky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks skippy. What bothers me now is how LRNA handled my question. 2 weeks and no call back for a simple question.

skippy

Reaction score
I have not had any contact with LRNA. My local dealer has been great with any issues i have had. My only issue with the LR4 has been the nav and radio. They stink!. The nav is nowhere near as functional as my $200.00 garmin. I tend to always take the Garmin when going on a long trip so i can get road reports and easily find a Starbucks. The radio cuts out when you go under an overpass. Really! My 2006 Honda had the simple delay built in so that that did not happen. The engineers at LR must never drive what they design. I love everything else about the vehicle but the inability to handle simple things like a radio does leave me wondering what else was missed.

LR4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We'll I did find Nova Scotia on there. When loading the address for the house though it states that some info is not available on the route.
I drove to NS and back last Oct in the LR4, and the nav handled the trip just fine. In fact, for about the only time I can remember, I was grateful for the added steps of choosing from Route 1/2/3, as I was able to specify driving around through Truro and not taking the St John ferry. Previously my Garmin would always faithfully deliver me to the ferry terminal!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM