Nav Voice Recognition issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xconcepts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, I'm new to the forum and have looked at a few things I had questions about. Great place for info, I just picked up a 05 LR3 SE with nav. I tried to use the voice recognition and say Nav go home or any other thing I sat it doesn't recognise anything I say. It always tells me command not recognised. Any help anyone can give me?

tommithy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've found that if you talk in a normal voice like you would talk to another person in the cabin it will work much better. It seems that I used to think I had to shout at it and I experienced the same thing where it wouldn't understand much of what I said.

It also seems that it works best from the drivers seat.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've found that if you talk in a normal voice like you would talk to another person in the cabin it will work much better. It seems that I used to think I had to shout at it and I experienced the same thing where it wouldn't understand much of what I said.

I agree - I've also found that you have to talk normal or it won't work as well. And I know this is probably obvious, but make sure you are also waiting for it to beep before you start speaking.

-Rich

mzaver

Reaction score
Practice, practice, practice. Believe it or not, mine gets better (able to actually do what I ask) . If you take your LR3 in for service you might want to check with the dealer and see if there are any "updates" that you may need to the software.

Good Luck

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd