Navigation works in Canada?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alxforschnr

Reaction score
I am going to Quebec this weekend and wanted to know if my GPS in my 2010 LR4 HSE will be able to guide me to my hotle in Canada? Anyone use it before?

In addition, I live in NYC have 14,500 on my car and had to replace all rotors and pads. 1,400 bucks! The worn light came on and I figured this car is so big and heavy not to fool around.

Thanks for any help!

P.S. I just called the dealership and the service guy told me they don't have Canada in the maps as these are US Spec cars. I asked if I could update and buy and he informend me the NAV system is Navtew and it updates automatically. Could this be true or is this another case of them not knowing?

Last edited:

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i drove my 2010 lr4 to montreal and quebec a week after getting it. works fine.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the NAV should work fine...as far as an automatic update i would be very surprised if it "automatically" updates. I have the same year vehicle and no one ever told me it updates automatically. I believe it needs to be brought in to the dealership and updated that way,

I am shocked you had to replace those rotors at 14, 500...i am curious..how long after the warning light for the brakes did you wait to go have them serviced?

alxforschnr

Reaction score
The light came appeard on Thursday and on Tuesday I brought it in. I went to an indepented Land Rover shop in the city. For the entire job plus oil/tire balance it cost me 1400. The dealer quoted me 2000. I never had to replace rotors this quick but this is by far the heaviest car I have owned and the first one leaving in the city. I am a fairly aggressive driver as well. Will keep everyone posted.

Happy New Year!

LR4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fairly late to the party on this one. Yes, the Nav works in Canada, but.... At least in Nova Scotia, the maps are quite out of date, there is no text to speech (ie. no street names, just the old "turn left now") and the POI function isn't too clever. But it does work fine for street addresses, etc. One other bug, which I found infuriating after 6 hours on the road. The route planning wanted me to take every exit ramp, then get straight back onto the interstate. Very odd, and really annoying.
Re. brakes - I (now, after adding another 2500 miles over the holidays) have 28000 miles on our 2010 LR4, Brakes still had plenty of life left in them as of service in November. I expect I will end up doing tires/brakes in another 5 - 7k miles, but am not planning on replacing rotors, pads only. 14000 miles sounds wayyyyy to soon.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least in Nova Scotia, the maps are quite out of date, there is no text to speech (ie. no street names, just the old "turn left now") and the POI function isn't too clever.
There is no text to speech - period. Really annoying when you can buy a $100 GPS from Best Buy and it has text to speech.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM