Need new shocks - where to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktharper

Reaction score
2012 LR4 with 100,000 miles. No leaks or anything like the, just the back acting a little extra bumpy when I go over a pothole. It is mostly the back passenger side.

Can I do just one, do them In pairs? It has been a while since I have worked on cars so will most likely take it to my local garage who has worked on it before.

I hate the idea of my shop going to the dealer for the parts. Anyone use Atlantic British or another source? I would want to keep the quality high on the parts.

Jomcool

Reaction score
Atlantic British sells the complete assembly and also sells the air spring and rear strut separately if needed. I've ordered parts from them before and find them to be pretty helpful in cases like yours. Please report back on what you find is the problem.

samnt650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know Atlantic British has the air spring sold separately. Now I can build my own struts with Bilstein shocks...

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know Atlantic British has the air spring sold separately. Now I can build my own struts with Bilstein shocks...
If you are going to rebuild the air springs yourself, the odds are your factory air springs are OK, hence all you need are the new shocks.

The airbags, unless ripped, tend to last for years, (like 20 years), however the shocks within fail, as do all shocks.

Myself, when I needed new front shocks, http://www.bputah.com/ ,I replaced the complete assembly as it is easier, but if you want to do the work of disassembly and assembly, then just buy new shocks.

Last edited:

Saltyfly

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Bilsteins? Do they offer any performance or ride improvement over factory struts? $699 for the front & rear set from Atlantic British seems pretty reasonable!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM