Never ending TPMS saga

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got a new set of TPMS to go on my 265/60/18 BFGs with 1.25" spacers. They didn't work. The TPMS company said that it turns out that they were having problems with those sensors, so yesterday they sent me OEM sensors. Still don't work. Dash says TPMS error or some such thing. I went on two 20 mile expressway drives to try to get them recognized, but nothing.
I called 2 dealerships with my VIN to confirm that my 2013 has the 315mhz sensors.
Now I'm down to this last final thought. Is it at all possible that the 1.25 spacers push the sensors outboard of the readable 'zone' of these things??
Does anybody with spacers (or compos for that matter) have working sensors? Not sure what else to try.

mpinco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 LR4 with LR3 wheels, LT285/60-18 tires and 1.25" spacers. Did have intermittent issues with 3rd part tpms's. No issues with LRs.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running Compos with 265 65 18s on my 2015. Dealer supplied me with sensors from their shop inventory of take off wheels / left overs. I seem to remember having a few pairing issues when they were first installed. Eventually they took. Maybe give it some more time?

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove 1000 miles with the first set, the second is 'supposed' to be OEM and I've driven a couple hundred miles to no avail. As a test, I put my 19" back on today and they were found in the first 1/4 mile. I can't help think it has something to do with the spacers pushing them too far out from the readable zone. Has anybody seen where exactly the modules are that read the sensors? I wonder if they can be moved a little outward? I'm at a loss, next step will be to buy the IID tool and disable them, but if for no other reason than to see if I can, I'd like to see if I can get them to work.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9