new 19" HSE / 255/55/19 XL rated tire is out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's now a "DUNLOP SP SPORT SIGNATURE" in the stocker HSE 19" size (255/55/19) with the XL load rating.

I believe -- although I could be wrong -- that this is a new tire -- as a few months back when I was researching I didnt see this tire in this size showing up.

$241 each from tire rack.

Anyone tried these?

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may be a new size but its not a new tire. Its a high performance all season passenger car tire, not suitable for a LR.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tire further ?

OK so its a new size of an old tire... Can you explain why it would not be suitable for a LR if it has the correct load rating? (ie XL - the problem with buying 19" 255/55 tires is that many in that size dont have the correct XL load rating).

I will say that I dont think I would purchase it for on/off road use based on what the tread pattern looks like, but is there a specific reason this could not be used on an LR3?

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You of course could put it on your LR since it is the correct size and load rating, but I just dont know why you would. As stated from tire rack "The SP Sport Signature is Dunlop's High Performance All-Season radial developed to deliver year-round performance for the drivers of sport cars, sporty coupes and performance sedans." There are many other good choices listed under "Street/Sport Truck All season or Summer" Personally I don't understand or like the look of putting a Street Performance Tire (for lack of better words) on a Land Rover. I just switched to Pirelli Atr's that look great and perform in all conditions as well as the frequent off-road jaunt. Bottom line is I think there are many other better choices

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree,there are better tires in this category,like bridgestone dueler allenza,that has the highest ratings in THIS cat.of all season tires.I am strong believer, that you CAN 'T actually have "best of both worlds tire" but you could and should have two sets of rims for both purposes ;on and off road.Different strokes for different blokes,but that is what lot of people here have including me.I don't have close year around access to off road trails, here in NJ,so 90% of my driving happens on pavement and when I finally do go off road, some remote place in NH or Maine, i just switch to My 19' MTRs.It might be a little excruciating driving on them this year to MOAB for my first National Rally,but that is the chance I am willing to take not to embarrass myself on trails there, as an off road newbie.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have these on my TT they have a really high tread rating but are a little on the noisy side. Then again everything on the tt is little on the noisy side. Definitely a street patter though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4