New AMK Compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I said before, after getting my sliders galvanized to last virtually longer than the lr3 will.... I'm not about to cut new little holes just to accommodate a bad design solution above it.
i am going to work on getting the amk up higher though. Or maybe break down and get the Dunlop version...

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is entirely up to you, amigo. For me drilling one (or two) quarter-sized holes is a no-brainer. I don't think there is much more room to go up with the compressor.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance on the air compressor brands...is there really a big difference in CFM or capacity/duty cycle on the AMK one vs a factory type replacement? Knock on wood I'm still on my factory one so I have little clue about them...

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The main issue here is that the AMK currently IS the factory replacement, and it's larger than the previous one.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@CMGRover - If you are switching from the hitatchi compressor to the AMK, you need a new insulation box and a new software flashed into your EAS ECU by Land rover. The larger air compressor box comes with some AMK sales and not others. If you have sliders that come into the frame and protect the compressor, you do not need the air compressor box (probably wont fit anyway).

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is entirely up to you, amigo. For me drilling one (or two) quarter-sized holes is a no-brainer. I don't think there is much more room to go up with the compressor.

Well....HA...I just bent the whole thing upwards with a large adjustable wrench as my clamp/lever arm and none of the 3 spring seat bottoms touch any more ;) It was mainly the outermost spring seat that was touching so now all is good.

Also today I trimmed the hose coming off the back that goes up and over the frame to just come straight out and then up. After the dealer had put in the AMK a couple years back their hose kit for whatever reason had a deep drop (like the way a plumbing trap looks under a sink) before coming back up and then into the back end of the AMK. It hung down like it was ready to be hooked by a random flipped up branch but now it's nicely tucked away along with a protective rubber sheet clamped between the slider and frame and up behind the AMK.

I also removed the transfer case Rasta plate to clean and inspect above it.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work! I had suggested that as well to the crew at Bellevue...so basically instead of a 90 degree L-bracket you've now got like a 85 degree bracket...that about right?

That will work. May be easier than drilling the slider, too.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. Did you accomplish this with the assembly still mounted to the frame or did you have to get the bracket onto a workbench first?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635