new battery ???????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pascaltissot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi I just bought a new Battery, original Land Rover (very expensive) , what should I put inside water or acid ….(the battery come dry with no instructions ???? )at one dealer they told me just special battery water and charge it in another dealer they told me to put special acid …..so I am completely lost !”#$%

:confused:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
you bought a battery that was dry? I have only had that happen when I buy a motorcycle battery.

You can use Distilled water to add water to top off an existing battery.

pascaltissot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:tongue:Hi I went and bought special acid (Varta sulfuric Acid), charged it for 12 hours and it is working fine thanks a lot.
Pascal.

drivesafe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi pascaltissot, the clowns that sold you the battery should have filled the battery before you took it.

It’s not uncommon to have flooded wet cell batteries supplied dry because they can be stored virtually indefinitely and can be fill with electrolyte when the battery is needed.

Point is, you probably paid for the electrolyte in the initial cost of the battery, so it might pay you to call in on the battery supplier and see if they will refund you the cost of the acid you had to buy.

pascaltissot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure you are right …. But I live in Colombia South America and the battery was sent to me from England ….get the picture “#$%&/( thanks anyway )ha ha …
Saludos cordiales, Pascal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM