New Bumper With Swing Away Carrier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the guys in our local club, Texas Rovers, just completed a new steel bumper and swing away carrier for my LR3. He did a fantastic job! His name is Chad, and he is a jeweler by trade. His attention to detail is quite evident in the final product. There were minimal modifications to the truck for the install. It has a mount for a Hi-Lift as well. He's thinking about doing more and just finished a similar bumper on a P38 which will have dual swing aways. If your interested in one, you can contact Chad at [email protected].

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Glad to see that it's a locking toggle clamp. I've had that clamp manufacturers page bookmarked for a year now - just in case I ever get around to making my own. Mandatory question - how much?

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey!! I like it! Feels good to get that spare out from underneath huh?

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see some similarities to mine!:biggrin: looks good. If you don't mind how much is he selling them for?

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm really liking it. not having to worry about wedging/unwedging that tire up under the truck is nice. the departure angle is improved a bit as well. i also finally installed my traxide dual battery setup this past week. its a pretty nifty little system.

cost is in the 2k range.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having built a swing away tire carrier for another rig, it is hard to get the right lines while maintaining strength. He did a great job here!! Very nice piece!

J.D.

SoCal LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks REALLY good.
i assume there is no provision for back up sensors?

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we are hoping to go back and add the sensors at another time. chad wanted to talk to the LR folks a bit first to make sure that it was done right.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...can he make it with the swing-away tire carrier modular? I might not always want it. Or what about a (cheaper) version with no tire carrier at all?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635