New diagnostic tool from BBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stmcknig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all

If you're not a frequenter of the UK Disco3 site you may not know that BBS solutions who market the Faultmate range have just announced the release of revamped Nanocom unit which will connect to CANBUS such as the LR3, LR4, RRS etc.

These units are not licensed per VIN, but per vehicle class so if you have an LR3 license you can work on any LR3. Which is nice when you want to help out a buddy in distress.

According to the thread I saw, they are doing a 20% intro offer during December only. I'm not affiliated with BBS apart from being a Faultmate owner and I managed to get an early unit from them - you can take a look at www.nanocom-diagnostics.com for more info.

It's a quality piece of kit from what I have seen so far and I will get around to posting more once I have the time....

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they still offer only forum support and no service except their island? Are they more reliable than previous bbs offerings? What are the capabilities of the unit?

stmcknig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Todd

AFAIK all other tools have to be returned to base if repair needed so no different there. The Nanocom seems to be a long established unit and this is essentially a software release to support CANBUS vehicles like the LR3/LR4/RRS. There is integration with their Genesis web site to allow pull down of CCF and software files to an SD card on the unit for subsequent flashing.

When you plug the unit into your computer via USB it just shows up as a flash drive so you can copy the appropriate files over before connecting up to your vehicle. They ship a 1GB SD card in the box but it supports up to 8GB card apparently if you want a lot of files preloaded.

I've got a unit now. It is nice that VIN restriction has been removed, so if your unit is licensed for LR3 and your buddy has a problem with his LR3 (or hers) you can take a look. As with the MSV2 you can also add additional vehicle types (LR4/RRS). Mine is currently licensed for LR3 and LR4.

The other interesting opportunity is the display of live data - they sell a windscreen mount (but you can probably use a generic phone holder) and there are plans to add displays of things like coolant temperature, etc should you be interested in those on a runtime basis...there are some pics up on their site and also over on disco3 co uk I believe...there are also some YouTube videos out there with demonstrations...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM