New Disco and New Member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jdover

I'm in love. I just bought my first LR, a pewter 2000 Disco with 35000km or about 27000 miles and came with everything except the manual, which is on order and promised in about 8 weeks. By that time I will have most things figured out. At the moment I have three very basic questions.
1. How to set the clock since the buttons underneath it do nothing.
2. Is there a way of operating the climate control manually? I would like to set it so that the vents are open only because now the air cond. keeps coming on and I'm sure destroys any gas mileage there is.
3. The Harmon Kardon sound system has a button for CD, is advertised as a CD player, so where does the disk go?
Boy do I feel stupid especially since I've been driving for about 30 years...now where is that manual?
Thanks for your help.

D

discomike

Quetions

So don't feel like you are the only one who has question after buyin a new truck.
To set the clock, use a pen or something with a point and push the buttons under the clock, one for hours and one for minutes.
Push the economy button to shut of the a/c and then set the temp where you want it and pray.
The CD palyer is under the passangers seat, it is a six pack type.
Good luck with your new toy.
Mike

J

jdover

Thanks Disco Mike. I'm heading to the garage to see what I can do.

R

RoverDisco98

Just got mine (1998 Dicso I w/ 46,000 mi) two weeks ago.. 2nd day I had it I was driving home from work and could not lower the driver window. Was afraid I might have bought a lemon when after about 5 mins my butt started to get warm. Yea I had been pushing the set heated seat button not the window button. It did come with manual just had not read it yet. . Lesson: when the manual arrived READ it.
Anyhow I hope you enjoy your new ride as much as I am enjoying mine.

Frank

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Classic with the Land Rover!

R

RadRocker

RoverDisco98 said:
when after about 5 mins my butt started to get warm.

Frank,

Don't worry, that has happened to most of us.

or maybe some of us...

Has that happened to anyone else??? :)

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also guys, if you have the "climate control", you can choose celcius or Farainheit by holding down the out-side, bottom push buttons at the same time, for about 5 seconds. If you remove your battery, or disconnect it, you will have to re-set it also. The Cruise control button is behind the steering wheel, the second or third button down. you have to push this before your cruise will work. The orange buttons in the middle of the ceiling console (roof-slides) locks the sun-roof. When you are checking your battery, make sure you twist the bottom knob on the cover, or it will break pretty easily. Keep your rear hatch door oiled! they go bad fast . If you are climbing and notice a little orange light in the middle of your speedo, it is your "Traction light", so don't worry, be happy youv'e got one.

J

jdover

Thanks for the tips guys, all are welcome. I also suffered from warmbutt a couple of days ago, felt kinda good though and then discovered, also by accident, that on the climate control if you press the "ext" button it displays the outside temperature for a few seconds. There must be an outside sensor hidden in a secret place somewhere...6 more weeks and I'll have a manual.

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '01 D2 manual is the size of an encyclopedia! I've learned to look up a specific question or problem, not try to memorize it as in past vehicles. Once you are told what button does what, it seems simple," why didn't I think of that? " Enjoy your Rover, we do.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112