New Discovery Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When do you all think the diesel version of LR4 or LR5 come out? I am thinking of getting a new LR but am willing to wait for the diesel option.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody really thinks the LR4 will get the engine because the Discovery 5 is due soon. With any luck the TDV6 will go into the D5 at least as an option but the soonest we are expecting it is a year from now as the 2017 model year.

You also have to be aware that sometimes a new engine is not introduced as quickly as the new body style. For example, the current Range Rover and Range Rover Sport have been out for a few years but the new TDV6 only going into the 2016 finally.

There won't even be reliable rumors until probably next spring :(

paula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Does that mean that there will be no new version of LR4 also coming out next year for 2017? So if I end up buying the LR4 2016, this might be the last production year for it!

I don't like the shape and looks of the discovery!

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An "LR3" is a "discovery". So is the US named LR4. The US is the only market where they are not simply called "Discovery". So, I think you DO like the shape but you mean you do not like the shape of the Discovery SPORT or what's been seen in concept cars for potential Discovery 5.

2016 is 'likely' the last year of the current body style that has been running since MY 2005. The body has been the same but as you know, in MY 2010 the engine changed along with interior finishes. 2013 is the last year of the V8 engine.

2014, 2015, and now 2016 are all a supercharged V6 using the same V8 block which is only built up as a 6 cylinder though.

If you want to order a 2016, then you should find out about that from dealers. Otherwise there will be new 2016 around for a while and of course used LR4 as long as you wish to wait.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jwest is right. Also, the 2016 LR4 (Discovery) is already on the LR webpage. Not sure if they are already on the dealer lots or when they started production.

paula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys - so bottom line is that if I want the current body style, I should get it quickly. If I wait till next year, I might get the new body style. Correct?

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys - so bottom line is that if I want the current body style, I should get it quickly. If I wait till next year, I might get the new body style. Correct?

No, not necessarily.

First you have to be clear if you wish to have it NEW.

Next year this time, 2016 and some 2015 will be what's on the lots just like right now there are 2015's and also some new 2014 still out there. The trickier thing would be if you want to order an lr4. There will be absolute cut off dates and they won't be all the same per dealer location as some dealers only have but so many order slots.

For example, use autotrader to see how many lr4 2015 are shown nationwide right now. You can also use it to select only NEW, and 2014 but be aware, sometimes a "used" one n a lot may actually have simply been "punched" or turned into a "demo" having only a few to 1000 miles or so. It will be "used" but not really ever owned by a person.

These can be very good deals sometimes but be aware, when punched the warranty clock started ticking so you'll loose whatever months it's been since then.

david_h

Reaction score
Interesting that no one has posted on the 2015 DS; our dealer (Central America)received just three of them and were delivered to their owners in just a couple of days.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72