New front bumper options.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rich_98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had plans of redoing the front end, but not this soon :)

Today I was driving in the hills after the seasons first rain and spun out into a wall of mud, pretty much wrecked all the bumper plastic it seems. Luckilly everything else seems pretty ok, lights popped right back into their slots, maybe some minor work needed there.

I'm looking at options for a new front end now. Something with a bit more of an aggressive look - but I'm fearing a bull bar is going overboard since I don't offroad that much, and that's a lot of weight to add to the car. Is there anything other than the stock bumper set that I can purchase? I'm just trying to make my car look a bit "Different"

And as for how I spun out. My back right tire is bald, I was going down a very tight downhill turn and the rain was pouring pretty bad. The tire basicly had no traction on the turn and the back fell out. (This was at 15-20 MPH max) As I skidded down the hill sideways, when the car picked up traction it slammed me into a wall of mud, not hard enough to deploy airbags, but jammed bumper into car and popped headlights out. After that the car went into a spin again for about 200 feet down the hill before finally coming to a stop.

Rather into the wall of mud than off the hill on the other side of the road. (If anyone knows what driving through the santa cruz hills are like ;) )

heh, thanks for opinions on bumper. Remember, 98 Disco 1.

Rich

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take off all the plastic, cut off the metal on the sides of the factory front bumper. Agressive, distinctive, yet not heavy.

:biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo