"New" LR Owner with a question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZDLR3

Reaction score
Hi All! I'm a relatively new LR3 owner. I bought my vehicle in April '09 and I absolutely love it! I tell everyone that my LR3 is beastly. It's solid, comfortable, heavy and unstoppable, especially in all the snow we've gotten in the mid-west this winter.

Not being quite as knowledgable about LR's as some of the regulars on here are so I thought I'd post my question here in hopes that someone might know the answer. I'm interested in acquiring a Defender, however, the most recent Defenders in the US were 1997 D90s. Why? Why doesn't LR sell new Defenders in the US anymore? I know they sell them in other parts of the world, but not in the US. Does anyone know if LR/Tata Motors will sell them in the US at some point in the future?

Thank you!

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't hold your breath. Federal crash specs for the US will forever prohibit the cool rigs over here.

LRTECH

Reaction score
blackforestham speaks the truth. thanks to the airbag/seatbelt/crash test ****'s in this country we can't have any more D90. thanks USA.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sadly no newer D90 per above, but welcome to the forum.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635