Nitto 275/55/19

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice to see some good 19" options. I hadn't heard about this size yet.

Yes, that size will be fine, since it has an overall diameter less than 31.5".
I use this site to check tire sizes:
http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp

According to this, your overall diameter would be 30.9", so you're fine. :cool:

Most of us that want better all terrains use either the Nitto Terra Grapplers or the Cooper Zeon LTZs in 285/60/18 which have overall diameters of nearly 31.5". I run the Coopers in this size and have to deflate the spare to get it to fit up under the vehicle.

You won't have as much sidewall height, but the wider tread and all terrain pattern will make a huge difference when you're off road.
:driver:

kwlr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have on '05 HSE, heavy duty package and currently run 275/55/19 Michelins. They fit fine in the wheel wells, no rubbing and the odometer accuracy is now dead on. The spare tire needs to be partially deflated and then "worked" a little to fit back into it's cavity. Don't even think about going with just four tires. You defeat the whole purpose of the HD package (and could damage the diff) if you don't have five identical tires. Air the spare down to about 15 psi. and much sure it's winched in squarely and not at a steep angle.

If you tow, know that the taller 275 tire is also wider. It will still allow for the clearance of the unique LR hitch receiver. Although I don't think you could remove the spare with the receiver in place.

Those are some good looking tires and a nice alternative to the smaller and outrageously expensive Goodyear MTR's. If you mount them, please post some pictures.

jpljpl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have on '05 HSE, heavy duty package and currently run 275/55/19 Michelins.

KWL-

Which Michelins do you run?

I've just begun looking for new shoes for our HSE, and the 19" wheel is a pita. So it's nice to see some new options.

I was considering the Pirelli Scorpion ATR's, or the Nokian WR G2 SUV's. Both in the stock size of 255/55/19.

But this TerraGrappler looks great. I've run the Toyo Open-Country AT's before, and this is a very similiar tire. I loved the Toyo's, although that was on a 17" wheel. Based on my experience with the Toyo's, I would guess the Nitto is a great tire.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But this TerraGrappler looks great. I've run the Toyo Open-Country AT's before, and this is a very similiar tire. I loved the Toyo's, although that was on a 17" wheel. Based on my experience with the Toyo's, I would guess the Nitto is a great tire.

It has been said that the Toyo AT and Nitto TG are made on the same carcass by the same mfr. Which mfr that I might be I have no idea. So basically, I'm just spreading unsubstantiated rumors here, but rumors like this have a funny way of being based on truth.

zgrmns

Reaction score
I just bought my LR3 a couple of months ago and it has brand new Scorpion ATR's on it. I've done a little bit of off-roading with it and they did just fine. I've just been searching for a tire that's a little bigger for when I do replace them. So I won't be buying new tires for a little while, but I'm always keeping an eye out to see if I can find anything that has potential.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get the funny feeling that's a typo and the tires advertised in the above link are no Terra Grapplers, but some other Nitto tires. Nitto's own web site does not list any 19" Terra Grapplers, and the only link that pops up when you Google Terra Grapplers in that size is the above online store. Also, the photo is of a Terra Grappler alright, but the description is of a whole different, street oriented Nitto tire. I hope I am wrong though, as such a size in an all-terrain tread would be a welcome addition for those stuck with 19" wheels. I'd definitely call this supplier to verify they really are what's claimed on their web site before placing an order for these tires.

jpljpl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get the funny feeling that's a typo and the tires advertised in the above link are no Terra Grapplers, but some other Nitto tires. Nitto's own web site does not list any 19" Terra Grapplers, and the only link that pops up when you Google Terra Grapplers in that size is the above online store. Also, the photo is of a Terra Grappler alright, but the description is of a whole different, street oriented Nitto tire. I hope I am wrong though, as such a size in an all-terrain tread would be a welcome addition for those stuck with 19" wheels. I'd definitely call this supplier to verify they really are what's claimed on their web site before placing an order for these tires.

Unfortunately UB is correct... I just spoke to the vendor, and it is a typo. Tthe correct size is 275/55/20.

Which makes more sense, and jives with the Nitto website.

I should have realized as I was just browsing the Toyo site to see if any of the OpenCountry AT's would work, and they have nothing for a 19" wheel.

I've also heard that the Nitto TG and Toyo OC are the identical tire...

zgrmns

Reaction score
How annoying. I thought i was on to something ;-)

jpljpl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How annoying. I thought i was on to something ;-)

I was about to "add to cart"... : )

I'd still be curious to hear what KWL is running in this size though. The Michelin website was painful to use to search by specific size.

You cant select a wheel size until you select a width/aspect ratio. So after you enter 255/55, you see there is only one diameter.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99