No Cruise - Part II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whiskeynipple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for posting your solution - that will aid me too when I have time to fix mine

98GRDisco

Thanks for the ideas of the vaccum line being cracked i checked i fixed and now it works great so it was't the switch after all

F

frafael

I am having the same problem with my D2 LR'99.
The pump is not coming up. I check the pump it self and looks good.

I checked other post and find a complete descripton how the system works (I EE), but a wondering if somebody has a schematic to send me.
([email protected])

One more thing, the SRS is lit on after 30-35 minuts in heavy trafic. And run out after cool down. Any clue?

thanks

--fernando
LR/99 - D2

98GRDisco

If there was no cracked vaccum line or a blown fuse then the next step I would take is buy a new Brake switch but i don't know why the SRS switch comes on.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
SRS is for the Airbags, and this could be due to a voltage issue.... I wish I could help, but I don't like nor do I plan to play with airbags.... to dangerous for this backyard mechanic.

Did you check the 'T' in the vacuum line to see if it was cracked, and remember there is the vacuum line that goes to the brake switch as well.

F

frafael

Joey, Yes I did check the "T".
So, not even the pump is coming up, following the proceedure from different post I read here in RWO. The only way to make the pump works, and solenoid as well, was remove the connector and apply 12 V in one terminal and ground the other two.

I also did check the break switch, and correct adjust it. My suspicion know is the upstream relay that de-energize the system by the engine ECU (gear shift?). I tried to pull out the electrical diagram from the post I mentioned before, but I gave up, and order the CD due by this week.

Regarding the SRS, the light has gone for 2 weeks. Is theare any sensor in passager side? Looks the annoying light came up just when I drive for more de 30 minutes without right side passenger. Make sense, or is my dream?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that I think about it the SRS could also be caused by the drivers seat belt switch. If the plug is loose or corrosion in the contacts it will cause the SRS light to come on.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
frafael..... when you press the cruise control switch on the dash, does the light come on?

F

frafael

Joey,

Yes it is, the LED in CC switch, comes on when I turn CC on.

About SRS, good guess... belt switch!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM