No heat and coolant from back of motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was needing someone else to confirm my this. I believe my heater core has failed or does anyone else have an idea what might cause this? I notice the other day it said "Low Coolant" I checked it and it was find and thought it was just the resovior, well today I am driving and kicked on the heater and no heat. I started to get suspcious and went back to the house and poped the hood. I noticed no coolant was coming from the return and checked the hose going to the thermostat and nothing. No fluid. I go and turn the heater off, then BAM! the temp goes sky rocket. I killed it and then it started to smoke from the coolant tank. It wasn't coming from the return, it was pushing coolant back through the bottom of the tank. I replaced the thermostat about 20k miles ago and I just reached over 100K and its an 05. Any thoughts?

EGRIZZLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like exactly what happened to my 04 disco. Thought it was the heater core, but turned out it just needed new O-rings which was cheaper then a new core. I'm no expert, but it's probably one or the other.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is relevant, but I'd also check the actual water pump to see if there's any cracks or fluid spilling out onto the belly pan. I had my water pump and thermostat replaced for this reason at 90k.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM