No Low Range or Nutrual on CDL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whiskeynipple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read the post on getting the CDL to work but cannot find a thread that addresses the issue I have - cannot get the transfer case out of high range - the diff lock engages and disengages just fine. - but no nutrual or low range ( it will not move forward)
What I have tried:
-brute force (not enough to bend things)
-pulled the console - drilled the rivets - removed boot for shifter -
sprayed lithium grease and bolt remover - nothing
removed linkage (linkage works fine)

-checked the rave manual and it seems that if I remove the 6 bolts that houses (no.3) the 'high-low selector shaft and lever' (no.4) I will only gain (small) access to 'high-low selector fork and shaft' (no.5) which does'nt seem like that will help.
any thoughts?

thanks,

Last edited:

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a shift solenoid in the t/case that when it fails will not allow you to shift from high to either low position.
Send me your number and I can walk you thru your options.

greg409

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read the post on getting the CDL to work but cannot find a thread that addresses the issue I have - cannot get the transfer case out of high range - the diff lock engages and disengages just fine. - but no nutrual or low range ( it will not move forward)
What I have tried:
-brute force (not enough to bend things)
-pulled the console - drilled the rivets - removed boot for shifter -
sprayed lithium grease and bolt remover - nothing
removed linkage (linkage works fine)

-checked the rave manual and it seems that if I remove the 6 bolts that houses (no.3) the 'high-low selector shaft and lever' (no.4) I will only gain (small) access to 'high-low selector fork and shaft' (no.5) which does'nt seem like that will help.
any thoughts?

thanks,

You did try it with the trans in neutral?

Please let us know how you resolve it, thanx

luck,greg

Last edited:

whiskeynipple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found another post refering to the t-case solenoid (thanks mike)- common issue is corrosion - pull and clean
(rave- section 41 pg 4 no. 6)

unless I post again - this should solve it.

thanks guys -

Last edited:

whiskeynipple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok... (Mike I will be PM ing you soon)
Checked Fuses.. there is no fuse for this.
so I pulled the solenoid - t case works just fine... can move from HIGH to N on t-case no problem ( vehicle stationary so no LOW)
- tested Solenoid with 12vts - IN (works)
- tested Solenoid, connected to (but not in t-case) vehicle - with key on & with and w/o engine running:
1 - tranny all positions (especially N) - t case HIGH - SOLENOID OUT (no power to solenoid - not working)
2 - tranny all positions - t case NUTRAL - SOLENOID IN

when ever I switch the t-case to N regardless of tranny gear - it works (IN)
seems like the tranny isnt telling the solenoid its in N? (Rave manual page 8-9 electrical86 - interlock microswitchor or gear selector interlock?)

yep even tried placing it in the t case - couldnt get it out of high - solenoid out

Last edited:

whiskeynipple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any ideas?
dont know if I can test the microswitch or the gear sel interlock

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Remove the solenoid and throw it away.

aemnky606

Reaction score
I pulled mine out about 6 months ago and works just fine. Just make sure you don't hit it when going 60 down the highway.

Walter

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM