No more Goodyear 255/55 19 MT/R's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwlr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like the end of the road for the Goodyear 255/55 19 MT/R. It seems the entire MTR line up is being replaced by the new MTR - Kevlar. Which does not come in a 19 rim size. Check the Goodyear USA website, the MT/R link redirects you t the Wrangler HT. In addition, Tire Rack has "Closeout" pricing on its stock of 255/55 - 19 MT/R's

I ordered five yesterday. After they are gone, the only off road tire left in this size will be the Pirelli Scorpion ATR.

When the MT/R's wear out, I'm going to retread them with baby seal fur.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tumblr_ky92auxvfM1qzodrmo1_400.gif

Rix92x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sux...I finally buy 5 and get a nice lil warranty with the tires....now I suppose if and when I actually go to get a tires replced under warranty...they won't be able to find any :(

knock on wood this will not be an issue....but (explicitive) what a bummer.

now that Im whining somebody cheer me up with something positive

LR3MAND

Reaction score
Here is something positive...

go with the Pirelli Scorpion ATRs, I've had them for 2 years now and can't say enough good things about them. they are great in snow, rain and have done done 30,000 miles already and still going strong...

Rix92x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is something positive...

go with the Pirelli Scorpion ATRs, I've had them for 2 years now and can't say enough good things about them. they are great in snow, rain and have done done 30,000 miles already and still going strong...

LOL

Those were all on back order too when I was looking to purchase tires. Plus the MTRs are just so much more badass...

But the ATRs are certainly my next option

navydevildoc

Reaction score
I just found this out a few days ago when I sliced up one of my MT/Rs up in Calico. So now I have to figure out a way to drop to 18's and re-wheel/tire the whole truck without breaking the bank.

To make matters worse, it seems that the only wheels in the 5x120 bolt pattern are either 22" dubs or the factory LR ones. I guess it's time to scour eBay for a set of 18" take offs!

Once dropping to 18" the choices really open up. I've been contemplating some Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors.

Johnson Rods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL

Those were all on back order too when I was looking to purchase tires. Plus the MTRs are just so much more badass...

But the ATRs are certainly my next option

The Pirelli Scorpion ATR is the only AT tire available with that rim size that I can find. There are some other SUV tires on the chart but going to the 18" rim is the best long term choice.
LR3 tire chart:
http://johnsonrods.com

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM