no one to blame but myself......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colleyt

Reaction score
alright here it goes.......
let me start off by saying as of a month ago it hasnt rained in Southern California for 6 months. Just my luck the day I leave my sunroof open over night is the night there is a down poor in Hollywood. I came out the next morning to the inside of my car soaking wet!! The interior was SOAKED!!

The good news is the car dryed out really well. there are no smells of any kind and no visable evidence of the incident. The only thing damaged are the off road controls. It has been a month now and the symptoms are as follows: The truck will raise but it will not lower. The truck will not switch into low gear even though the light on the dial is on. The special terrain programs seem to work but failed last weekend while in the snow.

I would take it into the dealer and have the warranty cover the glitches but Im worried that because I had an aftermaket satellite stereo installed that they will want to void my warranty. Any insight you guys can provide will be much appreciated. :frown:

Hollywood LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright here it goes.......
let me start off by saying as of a month ago it hasnt rained in Southern California for 6 months. Just my luck the day I leave my sunroof open over night is the night there is a down poor in Hollywood. I came out the next morning to the inside of my car soaking wet!! The interior was SOAKED!!

The good news is the car dryed out really well. there are no smells of any kind and no visable evidence of the incident. The only thing damaged are the off road controls. It has been a month now and the symptoms are as follows: The truck will raise but it will not lower. The truck will not switch into low gear even though the light on the dial is on. The special terrain programs seem to work but failed last weekend while in the snow.

I would take it into the dealer and have the warranty cover the glitches but Im worried that because I had an aftermaket satellite stereo installed that they will want to void my warranty. Any insight you guys can provide will be much appreciated. :frown:

Happy Holidays ,
Have the satellite removed then go in for service :hello: I am also in Hollywood Sunset and Gardener.

Cheers J.T.

sandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it wont void your warrantee unless it damaged a part like your radio.

then your screwd.

but dont talk about the sunroof issue or else they will make you pay for it.

and clean it off but not too clean or they might get suspicious.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink