Noise when starting my Range Rover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Speed racer

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have just bought a used 2005 Range Rover HSE and every once in a while when the car is started it sounds like it has no oil for a split second or so. Like knocking, etc. then it just goes away adn sounds perfect and runs perfect.. To me it sounds like it is not getting oil, just for a second at start up.. Can anybody give me any ideas??? Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Flush the oil and change it with a good synthetic... issue should go away.

l4flirop

Reaction score
The problem is related to three valves. First is in the oil filter housing its ball valve you need to run some seafoam or other vanish remover to clear the valve that is sticking,

Secondly there are two VCC Solenoids one on each bank of cylinders, You need a special socket from BMW to remove them and inside is a small valve which can be extracted with an 8mm Hex key inserted and gently wiggled out. Clean all sign sof varnish off of them both and reinstall. This should cure the problem.

rover13

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
New to the site. I have a 1992 County when I turn the key to open doors the locks keep going up and down all by themselves? any ideas?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like either the lock is bad on the drivers door (it controls the other doors) or you have a weird alarm issue.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Who is the one that is High?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM