Nokian Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dvansh

Reaction score
Hello All

I need a new set of tires for my 2005 LR3 with 18`` rims. I want to go with the nokian WRG2 SUV however the local dealer suggested they will wear out very quickly.

Anyone actually driving these all year round?

Thank you

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....these were supposed to be all-season I thought, and not winter tires. I wonder how they came to that conclusion. Those tires are fairly new to the market I think, too...

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think , I am a first one ,on this forum, to run them.5 k miles already driven thru winter and one rotation ,including spare tire.Tires look still like new,untouched,excellent and i mean excellent winter driving capability and water channeling.Quiet as a hunting cheetah...Glad i bought them,after a lot of suffering with GW silent armors...

dvansh

Reaction score
One of my concerns is that the tire has not been used by many LR3 owners. On other forums I have noticed that Touareg owners love these tires.

Hopefully I get more responses before pulling the trigger.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please keep us posted, thorgal. I'd like to see how they are wearing in about 25k miles or so!

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was ordering them from internet website, last year,Salesperson did not wanted to negotiate with me , regarding the price,apparently he had two sets left in this size and told me that entire fleet of range rovers in Aspen,CO drives them ,loves them and he has no slow moving merchandise,hence,no negotiations,price wise.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They might have great traction in snow and wet pavement....I'm just wondering how well they will wear on a ~6000 pound LR3! Let us know! 5000 miles and my Goodyears looked okay. 25,000, not so much....30,000....toast.

I hope you're reporting great results at 60,000 miles, thorgal! I want to get these tires once my Synchrones wear out!

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though its an all season tire, it sure looks like a snow tire with all those spies. I just dont know why you would pick those over Pirelli's, Bridgestone's, or other tires used by LR3 owners with success. What is the price?

dvansh

Reaction score
They do look allot like winter tires. The best price I saw online was 194USD each. The lack of input from LR3 owners is now swaying me to the other standard tires used by LR3 owners.

Most probably silent armor or hankook.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the Pirelli scorp atr's for $154ea from Tire Rack in 265/60-18, dont know if you have an hse?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4